Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Vileplume -- Boundaries Crossed Pokemon Card Review

Vileplume Boundaries Crossed Pokemon Card
Pokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Vileplume from the Boundaries Crossed Pokemon Card Set.  Vileplume is a stage 2, grass type Pokemon card, with an hp of 140.  Vileplume is the stage 2 evolution of Gloom, and before that Oddish, both of those Pokemon I have reviewed the past couple of days, and both of those Pokemon are in this set.  Make sure to read tomorrow's review as well because tomorrow I'll be reviewing Bellossom which Gloom can also evolve into.  Vileplume has a x2 weakness to fire type Pokemon, a -20 resistance to water type Pokemon, and a three colorless energy card retreat cost.  Vileplume's Ability is called Allergy Panic which says that each Pokemon's weakness in play is x4, this applies to both yours and your opponent's Pokemon.  Besides the Ability, Vileplume only has one move called Pollen Spray which requires four energy cards, three colorless and one grass, and does 50 damage.  Besides doing the damage, this move also poisons and puts the defending Pokemon to sleep.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, since Vileplume is a stage 2 Pokemon, I would recommend evolving Oddish into Gloom and then Gloom into Vileplume on your bench.  I would strongly urge you to do this in the case of this Pokemon line because both Oddish and Gloom are extremely weak.  Once you do get Vileplume into play, hopefully having at least 3 energy cards on it, I would attach an energy card to it if you have to and then use Pollen Spray every turn.  I would consider keeping this card on the bench for awhile during the game if you aren't facing fire type Pokemon (if you are I would keep this card in your hand) and you include many Pokemon in your deck that do not have weaknesses.  That way, if you have Vileplume on the bench, you can hopefully do x4 damage to your opponent's Pokemon that are weak to whatever type you're using, yet if your Pokemon don't have weaknesses, it won't matter what type they are because it won't have any effect from Vileplume's Ability.  I would also try to include a few Pokemon cards that inflict special conditions in this deck so that when you use Vileplume's only attack your opponent will be overwhelmed with special conditions.  I would not use more than 1 of these cards in a grass type deck, if I were to use this card, I would use a 2-2-1 line of these Pokemon.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 2 out of 5 rating.  In my opinion, this is a slightly below average stage 2 Pokemon card, but if you're willing to risk it, this card could potentially be better.  The reason I'm giving this card a below average rating is because it is extremely slow to attack, only has the one move, and once you use Pollen Spray one time, the special conditions part of the move will have no effect the next few turns, so overall the move will do only 50 damage for 4 energy cards which is a terrible move.  Allergy Panic is the reason I would see people using this card, but for me, fire type Pokemon seems like a popular type of Pokemon to play, so I would envision this Ability would backfire on Vileplume more often then not.  So again, I would only use 1 Vileplume card in a deck, but I may pair it with Bellossom, you'll have to read tomorrow's review to find out.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Vileplume from the Boundaries Crossed set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Gloom's other stage 2 evolution in Bellossom.  Make sure to check below for the Free Pokemon TCG Online Codes!

Free Pokemon TCG Online Code Cards:
N4Y-KBUS-GTY-QCK

No comments: