Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Bellossom -- Boundaries Crossed Pokemon Card Review

Bellossom Boundaries Crossed Pokemon Card
Pokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Bellossom from the Boundaries Crossed Pokemon Card Set.  Bellossom is a stage 2, grass type Pokemon card, with an hp of 110.  Bellossom is the stage 2 evolution of Gloom, and before that Oddish, both of those Pokemon I have reviewed the past couple of days, and both of those Pokemon are in this set.  In yesterday's review, I reviewed Vileplume, which is the other stage 2 evolution in this Pokemon line.  Bellossom has a x2 weakness to fire type Pokemon, a -20 resistance to water type Pokemon, and a one colorless energy card retreat cost.  Unlike Vileplume from yesterday, Bellossom does not have an Ability, however it does have two moves, the first move is called Grass Knot which requires one grass energy card and does 10 damage plus 20 more damage for each colorless energy in the defending Pokemon's retreat cost.  So basically, the more powerful the defending Pokemon, the more damage this will do.  Bellossom's other move is called Petal Dance, this move requires three energy cards, two colorless and one grass, and does 50 damage times the number of heads you get when you flip three coins.  Unfortunately after using this move, Bellossom is confused.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, since Bellossom is a stage 2 Pokemon, I would recommend evolving Oddish into Gloom and then Gloom into Bellossom on your bench.  I would strongly urge you to do this in the case of this Pokemon line because both Oddish and Gloom are extremely weak.  I would recommend keeping Bellossom on the bench until you have to face a Pokemon that has at least a 3 colorless energy card retreat cost, when that happens, move Bellossom into the active Pokemon spot and use Grass Knot, in this scenario the move would do 70 damage for only 1 energy card.  I would stick to this strategy throughout the game, I would move Bellossom in to battle Pokemon with high retreat costs and retreat it after that Pokemon is defeated.  The only time I would use Petal Dance would be if I had three energy cards on Bellossom (of course), and have to do 100 damage or more, I would consider using Petal Dance to see if I could do 150 damage.  But to be safe, I would use Grass Knot 99% of the time, but if you want to use this card in your deck and want to use Petal Dance, make sure to have some trainers in the deck that remove confusion.  So after reviewing both Vileplume and Bellossom, I would recommend this card over Vileplume, because of that, I could see myself using a 3-2-2 line of this Pokemon and not use Vileplume at all in the line.  However you could always mix it up with one of each stage 2 evolution.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 4 out of 5 rating.  In my opinion, this is a slightly above average stage 2 Pokemon card.  Even though this card does not have an Ability, and only has 110 hp, I still think it is a very good stage 2 Pokemon card.  I like how quick this card is, and the fact it can do major damage for only 1 energy card.  And Grass Knot really is even better since this card only has a 1 energy card retreat cost so it can move in and out of the active Pokemon spot very easily.  And if you have to do major damage, Petal Dance isn't a terrible move to have to use, even though I could do without the automatic confusion.  So once again, after reviewing both Vileplume and Bellossom from the Boundaries Crossed set, I would definitely recommend Bellossom over Vileplume.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Bellossom from the Boundaries Crossed set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Tangela which is also from this same set.  Make sure to check below for the Free Pokemon TCG Online Codes!

Free Pokemon TCG Online Code Cards:
LX5-6GFT-QNA-FQJ

2 comments:

Chisho12 said...

I ove this pokemon

jadecavy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.