Friday, November 9, 2012

Swablu #105/124 -- Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card Review

Swablu Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card
Pokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Swablu from the Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card Set.  This is the second of two consecutive Swablu cards I'll be reviewing from this set.  Both Swablu cards are colorless type Pokemon cards, and Swablu's evolution, Altaria is a dragon type Pokemon card in this set and I reviewed that card a month or so ago.  That card requires water and metal type energy cards to attack.   So, like I said, this card is a colorless type Pokemon card, it has an hp of 40, a x2 weakness to electric type Pokemon, a -20 resistance to fighting type Pokemon, and a one colorless energy card retreat cost.  So basically the exact same as yesterday's card.  Swablu does not have an Ability and it only has one move, unlike yesterday's Swablu card which had two moves.  Swablu's only move is called Peck and for one colorless energy card this move does 10 damage.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, since Swablu has such a low hp and it does have an evolution, I would not put Swablu into the active Pokemon spot if I could help it.  I would keep it on the bench and evolve it into Altaria as soon as I could.  However, if you have to put Swablu into the active Pokemon spot, you only have 1 option which is to use Peck every turn.  I would not recommend using this card on its own it a deck, it is too weak in my opinion.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 1 out of 5 rating.  In my opinion, this is a way below average basic Pokemon card.  It is definitely the worse of the two Swablu cards from this set.  I don't like its low hp, which will have Swablu getting knocked out in 1 move quite often...other than that this card can only do 10 damage which won't knock many Pokemon out in 5 turns using that move.  So once again I do not recommend using this card at all, especially without Altaria.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Swablu from the Dragons Exalted set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Bidoof from this set.  Make sure to check below for the Free Pokemon TCG Online Codes!

Free Pokemon TCG Online Code Cards:
3CV-W964-YHP-BG6
4AU-EF4K-6FX-J9M

No comments: