Thursday, November 8, 2012

Swablu #104/124 -- Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card Review

Swablu Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card Review
Pokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Swablu from the Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card Set.  This is the first of two consecutive Swablu cards I'll be reviewing from this set.  Both Swablu cards are colorless type Pokemon cards, and Swablu's evolution, Altaria is a dragon type Pokemon card in this set and I reviewed that card a month or so ago.  That card requires water and metal type energy cards to attack.   So, like I said, this card is a colorless type Pokemon card, it has an hp of 40, a x2 weakness to electric type Pokemon, a -20 resistance to fighting type Pokemon, and a one colorless energy card retreat cost.  Swablu does not have an Ability but it does have two moves, the first move is called Sing which requires one colorless energy card and puts the defending Pokemon to sleep.  Swablu's other move is called Peck, this move requires two colorless energy cards and does 20 damage.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, since Swablu has such a low hp and it does have an evolution, I would not put Swablu into the active Pokemon spot if I could help it.  I would keep it on the bench and evolve it into Altaria as soon as I could.  However, if you have to put Swablu into the active Pokemon spot, depending on how many energy cards you have on it will determine the move you will use.  I would recommend using Sing right away if you are facing a very strong Pokemon that could easily knock out Swablu in one move, that way you may have a chance to stay alive for more than one turn against that Pokemon.  I would not recommend using this card on its own it a deck, it is too weak in my opinion.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 2 out of 5 rating.  In my opinion, this is a below average basic Pokemon card.  It isn't that bad of card but it is still below average.  I don't like its low hp, which will have Swablu getting knocked out in 1 move quite often...other than that this card is good, it is a colorless type Pokemon card so it can be put in any type deck, and it has two efficient, quick moves.  Even after those positives, I would still not recommend using this card on its own because its hp is too low.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Swablu from the Dragons Exalted set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of the second Swablu Pokemon card from this set.  Make sure to check below for the Free Pokemon TCG Online Codes!

Free Pokemon TCG Online Code Cards:
9RP-HLQM-D3Q-CKR
LS5-7DPY-VPJ-B8P

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll Trade Swablu A Torkoa I Need To Complete My Favorite Pokemon Card Checklist