Saturday, November 24, 2012

Scyther -- Boundaries Crossed Pokemon Card Review

Scyther Boundaries Crossed Pokemon Card
Pokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Scyther from the Boundaries Crossed Pokemon Card Set.  Scyther is a basic, grass type Pokemon card, with an hp of 70.  It has a x2 weakness to fire type Pokemon, no resistance type, and a one colorless energy card retreat cost.  Scyther does not have an Ability but it does have two moves.  Its first move is called Slash which requires one colorless energy card and does 10 damage.  Scyther's second move called Sharp Scythe is another move that requires only colorless energy cards, in this case two of them.  This move does 20 damage for those two energy cards.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, since Scyther is a basic Pokemon card with a stage 1 evolution in Scizor, I would recommend using Scizor in your deck as well.  Scizor from this set is a metal type Pokemon card, so I won't be reviewing that card for awhile since I'm reviewing this set from the beginning and going card by card.  However with that being said, Scyther isn't a bad starting Pokemon card, it can fit in any deck, make sure to put it in a metal type deck if you want to use Scizor with Scyther.  But if you plan on using this card on its own, you could definitely put it in any type deck since it only requires colorless energy cards.  That way, it would be the perfect starter Pokemon card, it has a good hp, and two good moves, I would use Sharp Scythe every turn if I had two energy cards on Scyther, otherwise I would have to use Slash.  If I was going to use Scyther in a deck on its own I would only use 1 or 2 of these cards.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 3 out of 5 rating.  In my opinion, this is an average basic Pokemon card. I think this card is very solid.  I like that it has an above average hp, a low retreat cost, and two quick but efficient moves.  Like I stated earlier, this is a great starter card to use in a deck, and a quick way to do some damage to your opponent's Pokemon early in the game.  I can definitely recommend this card if you need one more card in your deck.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Scyther from the Boundaries Crossed set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Heracross from this same set.  Make sure to check below for the Free Pokemon TCG Online Codes!

Free Pokemon TCG Online Code Cards:
FCW-8DH7-V4J-5WC

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice

deicario said...

I have to say Primetime, I think the art on this card is really something. Is it me or do all Scyther's seem to have great artwork?

Unknown said...

True, artists do seem to love Scyther!