Sunday, November 11, 2012

Bibarel -- Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card Review

Bibarel Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card
Pokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Bibarel from the Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card Set.  Bibarel is a stage 1, colorless type Pokemon card, with an hp of 100.  It has a x2 weakness to fighting type Pokemon,no resistance type, and a two colorless energy card retreat cost.  Bibarel does not have an Ability but it does have two moves, its first move is called Amnesia and for three colorless energy cards this move does 40 damage and after using this move you may select a move of your opponent's, when they try and attack with their active Pokemon the next turn, their Pokemon can not use that move you selected.  Bibarel's second move is called Tumbling Tackle which requires four colorless energy cards and does 60 damage.  After doing the move, both Bibarel and the defending Pokemon are asleep.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, since Bibarel is a stage 1 Pokemon card, you'll first have to get Bidoof into play (I reviewed Bidoof from this set yesterday) and then evolve Bidoof into Bibarel.  If you read yesterday's review, I would definitely not recommend using Bidoof on its own, so if you want to use Bidoof in a deck you'll definitely want to use Bibarel too.  Once you evolve Bidoof into Bibarel on your bench, when you put it into the active Pokemon spot I would use Amnesia most turns instead of Tumbling Tackle, I would do this because Amnesia requires less energy and it can be used every turn, whereas Tumbling Tackle requires four energy cards instead of three with Amnesia, and it puts Bibarel to sleep, so you may not be able to attack for awhile after using Tumbling Tackle.  The only time I would for sure use Tumbling Tackle is if by doing 60 damage you would knock out the defending Pokemon.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 2 out of 5 rating.  In my opinion, this is a below average stage 1 Pokemon card.  I think this card is pretty bad but I am giving it a 2 instead of a 1 rating because even though it is extremely slow and can't do much damage and puts itself to sleep, if you look on the bright side this card has a good hp, somewhat low retreat cost, can be used in any deck, and it does have two moves.  But overall I probably wouldn't use this card in a deck, but if you choose to I would use a 2-1 or 1-1 line of Bidoof and Bibarel in any type deck.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Bibarel from the Dragons Exalted set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Audino from this same set.  Make sure to check below for the Free Pokemon TCG Online Codes!

Free Pokemon TCG Online Code Cards:
YC8-WNVT-WLE-NPU

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! I enjoy your reviews, but I was wondering when you will start reviewing the newest set, Crossing Boundaries? Also, will you continue to give out free TCGO-codes?

Kumar said...

I want to Enter the free dragon deck contest.

PrimetimePokemon said...

@Hans Yes as soon as I get done reviewing the cards from this set I'll be reviewing the Boundaries Crossed set. And when I get more TCGO codes I will give them away.

Unknown said...

actually, amnesia could be devestating. preventing a certain attack is pretty tough to sidetrack. maybe 3/5 is better rating.

Rho said...

Hey Primetime Pokemon!

I'm not sure if you are into raps but I found this pokemon rap on youtube and thought you might like it.

Link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cQoN6AoS1M

Have a good day!

Your fan,

Rhoda