Friday, September 3, 2010

Pokemon Card of the Day: Vespiquen (Undaunted)

Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Vespiquen from the Undaunted set. This is a stage 1, grass type Pokemon card with an hp of 100. It does however have a x2 weakness to fire type Pokemon, no resistance type, and a very high retreat cost of 3 colorless energy cards. Vespiquen's Poke-Body is called Defense Sign and it prevents all damage done to your benched Pokemon that are grass types. Vespiquen's only move is called Mach Wind which takes 3 energy cards, 1 grass, and 2 colorless and it does 60 damage and also during your next turn Vespiquen's retreat cost is 0 which is much better than the 3 colorless energy card retreat cost that is indicated on the card. As far as strategy goes this card could be really powerful against a deck that has a lot of spread damage type Pokemon cards, so I would make my deck mostly grass and then I could put Vespiquen in my active Pokemon spot and then my grass Pokemon wouldn't be able to be attacked by my opponent. It is nice too that you can do 60 damage with Vespiquen and then retreat for free the next turn. I would rate this card a 3 out of 5 because to me this card is very average, it does have higher than average hp with 100 but its only move is average doing 60 damage for 3 energy cards and its Poke-Body is only useful if your opponent uses a strategy of attacking benched Pokemon. So thanks for reading today's review of Vespiquen from the Undaunted set, stay tuned for tomorrow's review of Rotom from Undaunted.

No comments: