Thursday, September 16, 2010

Pokemon Card of the Day: Lugia (Neo Genesis)

Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is another old school card that isn't playable unless you are playing in an unlimited format tournament but nevertheless it will be cool to take a look at an older card once again. Before I start this review this is one of the cards I always wished I had but I missed out on the Neo sets I collected up to the Gym Heroes and Challenge then after that I stopped collecting for awhile so I really don't have much for Neo stuff but I wish I did. This Lugia card in my opinion is the best card from the Genesis set, it is a basic, normal type Pokemon, with an hp of 90, it has a x2 weakness to Psychic type Pokemon but it does have a -30 resistance to fighting type Pokemon, and it has a somewhat high retreat cost of two colorless energy cards. Its only move requires three different types of energy cards, one each of water, fire, and electric and this move does do 90 hp which was quite a bit for these older cards but then you have to discard 3 energy cards after the attack one of each type required for the card and then you'll have to wait 3 turns again to use this move again unless you stockpiled energy onto this card before you attacked. So once again with these older cards I can't really rate them compared to today's cards but as a collector this is a very desired card out there and this card brings back memories of me playing the game boy color Pokemon games, G/S/C, I think I got into collecting the cards and then I started playing Pokemon Crystal after that and became addicted, I think I have like 700 hours on my Crystal game. But this card brings back a lot of nostalgia back to me and because of this I will be reviewing what I believe to be the best card of Neo Revelations tomorrow which is Ho-oh. So thanks for reading today's review of Lugia from Neo Genesis make sure and stay tuned for tomorrow's review.

2 comments:

iHeartGold said...

This card was merely a really rare collective card when the set was released. The energy cost and heavy discarding made the card unusable, unfortunately.

Elisha said...

Wow... I didn't reallize this was such a rare card... i gave my friend a Tyranitar for this and this one is Japanese.. wow