Saturday, September 4, 2010

Pokemon Card of the Day: Rotom (Undaunted)

Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Rotom from the Undaunted set. This is a basic, electric type Pokemon with an hp of 60. I know all rares in the HG/SS era have x2 weaknesses but I do not understand why a basic Pokemon with such a low hp as Rotom has a x2 weakness to dark type Pokemon. It does help that Rotom has a -20 resistance to normal type Pokemon and a 1 colorless energy card retreat cost. Rotom's Poke-Power is called Mischievous Trick and this power is basically useless because all it does is it allows you to switch the top card of your deck with one of your face down prize cards, so unless you know what the top card of your deck is this move really doesn't use any strategy at all. You can use this move once a turn if you really want to. Rotom's only move is called Plasma Arrow and this move does 20 damage for each energy card attached to one of your opponent's Pokemon that you choose to attack and this move only costs one electric energy card. So as far as strategy goes I would put Rotom on my bench as soon as possible just in case I know what the top card of my deck is and then I can use Rotom's Poke-Power and switch it with one of my prize cards, I will keep Rotom on my bench until one of my opponent's Pokemon gets numerous energy cards on it then I will switch Rotom in and attack that Pokemon. I would rate this card a 3 out of 5 because this card is very average and for being a basic Pokemon with a x2 weakness is terrible, but you will be able to do a fair amount of damage if you wait awhile to use Plasma Arrow but you probably won't be able to knock any Pokemon out with it and you'll probably get knocked out in one or two turns anyways. So thanks for reading today's review of Rotom from Undaunted, stay tuned for another Undaunted review tomorrow.

No comments: