Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pokemon Card of the Day: Raichu (Base Set)

Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Raichu from Base set. I am doing this card from a request on my Facebook fan page. Raichu is a stage 1, electric type Pokemon card with an hp of 80. Raichu has a x2 weakness to fighting type Pokemon, no resistance type, and a 1 colorless energy card retreat cost. Raichu doesn't have a Pokemon Power but it does have two moves, the first move is called Agility and this move requires 3 energy cards, 1 electric, and 2 colorless, this move does 20 damage and while you use this move you get to flip a coin and if it is heads it prevents all damage done to Raichu during the next turn. Raichu's other move is called Thunder and this move does 60 damage for 4 energy cards, 3 electric and 1 colorless, and you have to flip a coin with this move as well, but this time if you get a tails you have to do 30 damage to Raichu. So overall I think this card is a very good card for base set, especially since it can prevent all effects of an attack from being done and do 60 damage in one move since most Pokemon in base set has hp's of less than 100. So I can't really rate this card or give strategy since we can't use this card today but this is the one card my brother needed to finish his Base 2 set when he was collected almost 10 years ago now. He needed the Raichu and Hitmonchan and I gave him the Hitmonchan, I am sure he still has that binder around his room somewhere too. So thanks for reading today's review of Raichu from Base set, make sure to stay tuned for tomorrow's review and if you haven't already, make sure and follow me on my blog.

No comments: