Monday, September 20, 2010

Pokemon Card of the Day: Magnezone Prime (Triumphant)

Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Magnezone Prime from the yet to be released Triumphant set. This is a stage 2, electric type, Prime Card with an hp of 140. Magnezone has a x2 weakness to fighting type Pokemon, a -20 resistance to metal type Pokemon, and a 3 colorless energy card retreat cost. Magnezone's Poke-Power is called Electromagnetic Draw which says that once during your turn you may draw from your deck until you have 6 cards in your hand. Magnezone only has the one move called Lost Burn and this move does 50 damage times the number of energy cards you move from your Pokemon to the Lost Zone. This move requires two energy cards, one electric, one colorless. So as far as strategy goes I see it necessary for you to get Magnezone on your bench as soon as possible so you can utilize Electromagnetic Draw and replenish your hand after every turn, that way if you place an energy card down and use a trainer or supporter or evolve a Pokemon you can always draw more than one card if you want to get up to 6 cards in your hand. I am not so sure about using Lost Burn though, since you cannot retrieve cards from the Lost Zone I would probably just keep Magnezone on my bench and attach energy cards to all my other Pokemon that way if I became desperate towards the end of the game I could discard a bunch of energy cards attached to my other Pokemon so I could use Lost Burn and do at least 150 damage and knock out just about any Pokemon in one move. I would rate this card a 3 out of 5 because Electromagnetic Draw is a very good Poke-Power but I am not too excited about having to move energy cards to the Lost Zone so I definitely think Lost Burn could have been better, I wish you could have just discarded energy cards into your discard pile that way you could have got them back later. So thanks for reading today's review of Magnezone Prime from Triumphant stay tuned for tomorrow's review of another Triumphant card.

No comments: