Saturday, September 15, 2012

Manectric #44/124 -- Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card Review

Manectric Dark Explorers Pokemon Card
Pokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Manectric from the Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card Set.  This is the second of two Manectric cards I'll be reviewing from this set, the other one from this set I reviewed yesterday.  Manectric is a stage 1, electric type Pokemon card, with an hp of 90.  It has a x2 weakness to fighting type Pokemon, no resistance type, and a one colorless energy card retreat cost.  Manectric does not have an Ability but it does have two moves, the first move is called Energy Assist and for one electric energy card this move allows you to attach two energy cards from your discard pile to one of your benched Pokemon.  Manectric's second move is called Quick Attack, this move requires two energy cards, one each of colorless and electric, and does 30 damage plus 20 more damage if you get a heads when you flip a coin.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, since Manectric is a stage 1 Pokemon, you'll need to get Electrike on your bench before you can use Manectric.  There are two Electrike cards in this set, and I reviewed both of those cards in the past three days.  I would recommend using the Electrike card numbered 41/124, it is much better in my opinion and can be put into the active Pokemon spot immediately if need be.  But if possible, I would keep Electrike on the bench, evolve it into Manectric, and then keep Manectric on the bench, attach two energy cards to it, then move it into the active Pokemon spot.  Once this card is in the active Pokemon spot, I would use Quick Attack most of the time, unless I had a Pokemon on the bench that required a massive amount of energy, then I would consider using Energy Assist instead of Quick Attack every turn.  In my opinion, strategy doesn't matter too much with this card, because I would always recommend the Manectric card I reviewed yesterday over this card, so just like yesterday's review, I would use a 2-2 or 2-1 line of Electrike and Manectric, I would use the cards numbered 41 and 43.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 2 out of 5 rating.  In my opinion, this is a below average stage 1 Pokemon card, especially in comparison to yesterday's Manectric card, this card is much worse.  This card doesn't have a free retreat cost, and neither of its moves are as good as yesterday's card.  So like I said in the strategy section of this review, do not use this card unless you have to for some odd reason, always use the other Manectric card in this set instead of this one.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Manectric from the Dragons Exalted set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Emolga from the same set.  Make sure to check below for the Free Pokemon TCG Online Codes!

Free Pokemon TCG Online Code Cards:
DTB-7YGF-APX-K3R
9H3-KDWS-LLN-56A

3 comments:

hendrik said...

lol. I never cet a chance to get a code anymore. I can never be online at 10 am and when i can like today they are posted an hour earlier >.>

hatake kakashi said...

please this site treated as one of my good sites so i believe that u will help me iam from egypt and there is no shops to sell real pokemon cards and my visa doesnt work on the sites please help me and sent me apowerful code please sir my email is
gogo_hisoka@yahoo.com
please please sosososos help me

Unknown said...

this card isn't TOO horrible, because it is an energy accelerator and recycler.