Friday, September 14, 2012

Manectric #43/124 -- Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card Review

Manectric Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card
Pokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Manectric from the Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card Set.  This is the first of two Manectric cards I'll be reviewing from this set, the other one from this set I'll be reviewing tomorrow.  Manectric is a stage 1, electric type Pokemon card, with an hp of 90.  It has a x2 weakness to fighting type Pokemon, no resistance type, and a free retreat cost.  Manectric does not have an Ability but it does have two moves, the first move is called Energy Crush and for one electric energy card, this move does 20 damage times the number of energy attached to all of your opponent's Pokemon.  Manectric's second move is called Flash Impact and for three energy cards, two colorless and one electric, this move does 80 damage, unfortunately this move also does 20 damage to one of your own Pokemon.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, since Manectric is a stage 1 Pokemon, you'll need to get Electrike on your bench before you can use Manectric.  There are two Electrike cards in this set, and I reviewed both of those cards the past two days.  I would recommend using the Electrike card numbered 41/124, it is much better in my opinion and can be put into the active Pokemon spot immediately if need be.  But if possible, I would keep Electrike on the bench, evolve it into Manectric, and then keep Manectric on the bench, attach one energy card to it, and wait until your opponent has many energy cards attached to their Pokemon, I would then move Manectric into the active Pokemon spot, use Energy Crush, and retreat it for free as needed.  I wouldn't use Flash Impact at all, unless you are late in the game and you have to use Manectric for a long period of time, plus your opponent doesn't have much Pokemon in play or energy cards attached to their Pokemon.  I would use this card in an electric type deck, and try to incorporate other Pokemon that have free retreat costs.  As of now, I would suggest using a 2-1 or 2-2 line of the Electrike I mentioned earlier and this Manectric card.  Check back for tomorrow's review to see if I change my strategy related to this card.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 4 out of 5 rating.  In my opinion, this is an above average, stage 1 Pokemon card.  What I really like about this card is that it has a free retreat cost, is extremely fast, and can do a major amount of energy.  Plus it prevents your opponent from attaching so many energy cards to their Pokemon, because the more they attach to their Pokemon, the more damage Energy Crush can do.  So if you're looking for a Pokemon line to include in an electric type deck, I would definitely recommend using this one.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Manectric from the Dragons Exalted set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of the second Manectric card from this set.  Make sure to check below for the Free Pokemon TCG Online Codes!

Free Pokemon TCG Online Code Cards:
ERU-9PL8-AQ6-H3D
GSR-4MSS-HTE-HLV

No comments: