Saturday, October 13, 2012

Honchkrow -- Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card Review

Honchkrow Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card
Pokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Honchkrow from the Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card Set.  Honchkrow is a stage 1, darkness type Pokemon card, with an hp of 110.  It has a x2 weakness to electric type Pokemon, a -20 resistance to fighting type Pokemon, and a two colorless energy card retreat cost.  Honchkrow does not have an Ability but it does have two moves, its first move is called Whirlwind and for two colorless energy cards this move does 30 damage and you may have your opponent switch out their active Pokemon with one of their benched Pokemon.  Honchkrow's second move is called Diving Swipe and for three energy cards, two colorless and one darkness, this move does 70 damage and you get to discard a random card from your opponent's hand.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, since Honchkrow is a stage 1 Pokemon card, you'll first have to get Murkrow into play (I reviewed Murkrow from this set yesterday) and then evolve Murkrow into Honchkrow.  If you read yesterday's review, I think Honchkrow is an excellent starter Pokemon so it should probably be in your active Pokemon spot when you evolve Murkrow into Honchkrow, once you have Honchkrow in the active Pokemon spot, I would use Diving Swipe every turn because it does a ton of damage.  The only way I would use use Whirlwind is if I only have two energy cards attached to Honchkrow or I'm using Honchkrow in a spread damage type deck, that way I could use Whirlwind almost every turn and have my opponent bring in new active Pokemon from their bench every turn.  Both of the Pokemon in this line are great, so I would recommend using a 2-2 line in a darkness type deck, but make sure to note these Pokemon don't require many darkness type energy cards so they may be able to fit in almost any type deck.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 4 out of 5 rating.  In my opinion, this is an above average stage 1 Pokemon card.  This means that both the Pokemon in this line from Dragons Exalted are both above average and I would definitely recommend using this line in your deck.  What I specifically like about this card is that it has a good hp, and it has two great moves that not only do damage but something more, Whirlwind can spread damage, and Diving Swipe does above average damage and makes your opponent discard a card from their hand.  So once again I would highly recommend using this card.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Honchkrow from the Dragons Exalted set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Houndour from this same set.  Make sure to check below for the Free Pokemon TCG Online Codes!

Free Pokemon TCG Online Code Cards:
7DE-LCCD-Q6M-V7F
SWY-UWLN-SRM-5KP

2 comments:

Evan Hissey said...

Hey there,

When I read your posts, it tells me that they're updated around 1AM, though I feel this is a different time zone than my own because I don't see these around 1AM.

What time do you post these, and what time zone are you? I'd love to get to check these out when they're posted so I'd get a chance at the online codes as well.

Thanks,

-Evan

hendrik said...

He ran out of codes :P ?