Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Skuntank -- Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card Review

Skuntank Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card
Pokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Skuntank from the Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card Set.  Skuntank is a stage 1, darkness type Pokemon card, with an hp of 90.  It has a x2 weakness to fighting type Pokemon, a -20 resistance to psychic type Pokemon, and a one colorless energy card retreat cost.  Skuntank does not have an Ability but it does have two moves, its first move is called Smogscreen and for one darkness energy card this move does 20 damage plus poisons the defending Pokemon, and if that Pokemon tries to attack Skuntank during its next turn, your opponent must flip a coin, if they get tails that Pokemon can't attack.  Skuntank's second move is called Hammer In and for three energy cards, one colorless and two darkness, this move does 80 damage.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, since Skuntank is a stage 1 Pokemon card, you'll first have to get Stunky into play (I reviewed Stunky from this set yesterday) and then evolve Stunky into Skuntank.  If you read yesterday's review, I think it would be okay to move Stunky into the active Pokemon spot first, but if you have a choice I would definitely keep it on the bench until you're able to evolve it into Skuntank.  When you get Skuntank into the active Pokemon spot, I would use Hammer In right away if you have the necessary energy cards to use that move, I would use this move because it does major damage and you should be able to knock out most Pokemon in two turns or less.  The only time I would consider using Smogscreen is if Skuntank is close to being knocked out or you only have one or two energy cards on Skuntank.  I would definitely use this card in a deck and include a 2-2 line of Stunky and Skuntank in a darkness type deck.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 4 out of 5 rating.  In my opinion, this is an above average stage 1 Pokemon card.  Both of Skuntank's moves are very good, I like how this card has one quick move that doesn't do that much damage but is still good, and one slower move that does a ton of damage every turn.  Other than two great moves, Skuntank has an average hp, and retreat cost.  I would definitely include this Pokemon line in any dark type deck I would make.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Skuntank from the Dragons Exalted set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Aron from this same set.  Make sure to check below for the Free Pokemon TCG Online Codes!

Free Pokemon TCG Online Code Cards:
GUV-D7UF-48P-EP8
BGQ-WK4K-UYV-JDU

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You're reviews are very good. i just stared blogging because i got inspired by you. Could you check my blog if its okay or please give me suggestions about my blog.
pokemonsexalted.blogspot.com