Sunday, October 7, 2012

Gigalith -- Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card Review

Gigalith Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card
Pokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Gigalith from the Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card Set.  Gigalith is a stage 2, fighting type Pokemon card, with an hp of 140.  Gigalith is the stage 2 evolution of Boldore, and before that Roggenrola, both of those Pokemon I have reviewed the past couple of days, and both of those Pokemon are in this set.  Gigalith has a x2 weakness to grass type Pokemon, no resistance type, and a four colorless energy card retreat cost.  Gigalith does not have an Ability, but it does have two moves, the first move is called Revenge Cannon and for three energy cards, two colorless and one fighting, this move does 10 damage plus 10 more damage for each damage counter on each of your benched Pokemon.  Gigalith's second move is called Reckless Charge, and for four energy cards, two each of fighting and colorless, this move does 120 damage, however Gigalith does 40 damage to itself when it uses this move.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, since Gigalith is a stage 2 Pokemon, I would recommend evolving Roggenrola into Boldore and then putting Bolder into the active Pokemon spot and use Earthquake, once or twice, then evolve Boldore into Gigalith.  I would recommend doing this because the more damage that is on your benched Pokemon (and Earthquake does damage to your benched Pokemon) the more damage Revenge Cannon will do.  So if I had Gigalith in the active Pokemon spot I would almost always use Revenge Cannon, you would hope it would do almost 120 damage per turn like Reckless Charge does but Revenge Cannon is faster and does not do any damage to Gigalith.  The only time I would use Reckless Charge is when Gigalith is for sure going to be knocked out the next turn or by doing 120 damage you will knock out the defending Pokemon.  If I were to use this Pokemon line in a deck, I would include a 3-2-1 line of Roggenrola, Boldore, and Gigalith in a fighting type deck.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 2 out of 5 rating.  In my opinion, this is a below average stage 2 Pokemon card that I don't think I would ever use in one of my decks.  Even though this card can potentially do a lot of damage every turn, I don't feel its worth either damaging your benched Pokemon first or damaging Gigalith every turn to actually do a good amount of damage to your opponent's Pokemon with this card.  So I don't think this card is worth the risk and that's why I'm giving this card a below average rating.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Gigalith from the Dragons Exalted set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Throh from the same set.  Make sure to check below for the Free Pokemon TCG Online Codes!

Free Pokemon TCG Online Code Cards:
8WA-N5DM-86N-HQ3
NDR-HCPK-MSS-3U5

3 comments:

QIoaon said...

so hard to get even one code...

RealFake said...

i got lucky and got one of the codes, but yes it is hard :D

Anonymous said...

Do you only post pokemon cards?Or do you post episodes, cards and the games?