Thursday, October 4, 2012

Claydol -- Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card Review

Claydol Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card
Pokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Claydol from the Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card Set.  Claydol is a stage 1, fighting type Pokemon card, with an hp of 90.  It has a x2 weakness to grass type Pokemon, no resistance type, and a three colorless energy card retreat cost.  Claydol does not have an Ability but it does have two moves, its first move is called Rapid Spin, this move requires two colorless energy cards and does 30 damage, after doing the damage you must switch Claydol with one of your benched Pokemon and make your opponent switch their active Pokemon with one of their benched Pokemon.  Claydol's second move is called Rock Smash and for three energy cards, two colorless and one fighting, this move does 60 damage plus 30 more damage if you get a heads when you flip a coin.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, since Claydol is a stage 1 Pokemon card, you'll first have to get Baltoy into play (I reviewed Baltoy from this set yesterday) and then evolve Baltoy into Claydol.  If you read yesterday's review, I would suggest keeping Baltoy on your bench until you are able to evolve it into Claydol.  Whenever you do get Claydol into play, I would put Claydol into the active Pokemon spot when I get three energy cards on it so I can use Rock Smash as soon as I put Claydol into the active Pokemon spot.  So I would use Claydol every turn, unless Claydol is about to be knocked out and instead of retreating and having to discard three energy cards I would use Rapid Spin to retreat Claydol while doing damage at the same time.  The other scenario I would use Rapid Spin in would be if the defending Pokemon is really powerful, I would use Rapid Spin to move that Pokemon out of the active Pokemon spot.  I would recommend using a 1-1 line of Baltoy and Claydol in a fighting type deck.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 3 out of 5 rating.  In my opinion, this is an average stage 1 Pokemon card.  It has two decent moves, and an average hp.  The reason it isn't getting higher than an average rating is because of its retreat cost, which is high, and the fact that if you don't get a heads when flipping a coin when using Rock Smash, Claydol's moves are very average.  But if you need to add a few cards to a fighting type deck I would definitely recommend taking a look at this line.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Claydol from the Dragons Exalted set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Roggenrola from this same set.  Make sure to check below for the Free Pokemon TCG Online Codes!

Free Pokemon TCG Online Code Cards:
9QV-FXRW-8TY-37C
PTH-F9Y9-ER5-PE9

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow i got the code but someone pressed redeem before me....
FFFKKKKK!!!!!