Sunday, July 1, 2012

Lilligant -- Emerging Powers Pokemon Card Review

Lilligant Emerging Powers Pokemon Card
Pokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Lilligant from the Emerging Powers Pokemon Card Set.  Lilligant is a stage 1, grass type Pokemon card, with an hp of 90.  It has a x2 weakness to fire type Pokemon, a -20 resistance to water type Pokemon, and a one colorless energy card retreat cost.  Lilligant doesn't have an Ability, but it does have two moves, the first move is called Bemusing Aroma and for one grass energy card it does 20 damage, and if you get a heads when you flip a coin the defending Pokemon is paralyzed and poisoned, and if you get a tails, the defending Pokemon is confused.  Lilligant's other move is called Cut and for three energy cards, two colorless and one grass, does 60 damage.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, since this card can inflict up to three different special conditions I would pair this card with other Pokemon cards that can inflict special conditions, that way no matter what Pokemon I would play from my deck I would be able to affect my opponent's Pokemon every turn even when I'm not attacking.  So what I would try and do with this card is find a way to retreat this card out of the active Pokemon spot for free, that way I could use Bemusing Aroma one turn, inflict a special condition and do some damage then the next turn retreat Lilligant and attack with another Pokemon.  If you have time to set up Lilligant on the bench I would recommend putting three energy cards on it so you can use Cut often and knock out most Pokemon in two turns or less.  I would use a 2-1 or 2-2 line of Petilil and Lilligant in a grass type deck.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 4 out of 5 rating.  In my opinion, this is a very solid stage 1 Pokemon card, it has a good hp, low retreat cost, and two good moves.  Cut does average damage for an average attack cost, but it still does 60 damage which is quite a bit, then Bemusing Aroma inflicts up to two special conditions at a time and does damage.  Because of these things I'm giving Lilligant an above average rating.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Lilligant from the Emerging Powers set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Basculin from the same set.  Make sure to check below for the Free Pokemon TCG Online Codes!

Free Pokemon TCG Online Code Cards:
8H5-VFYG-NBE-WX8
WHX-GF4E-MCY-SEG

No comments: