Monday, July 30, 2012

Pignite #18/114 -- Black and White Pokemon Card Review

Pignite #18/114 Black and White Pokemon Card
Pokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Pignite from the Black and White Pokemon Card Set.  This is the second of two consecutive Pignite card reviews I'll be doing from the Black and White set.  Pignite is a stage 1, fire type Pokemon card, with an hp of 100.  It has a x2 weakness to water type Pokemon, no resistance type, and a three colorless energy card retreat cost.  Pignite doesn't have an Ability but it does have two moves, the first move is called Rollout and for two colorless energy cards it does 20 damage.  Pignite's second move is called Flamethrower and for three energy cards, two fire and one colorless, this move does 70 damage, however you have to discard an energy card attached to Pignite after the move.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, since this is a stage 1 Pokemon card that has a stage 2 evolution in Emboar, I would recommend keeping Pignite on the bench and evolving it into Emboar before putting it into play, I would do this because Emboar can do much more damage than Pignite and it has a higher hp.  There are two Emboar cards from the Black and White set and I've reviewed both of those cards on my blog previously.  If you have to put Pignite into play, I would recommend getting at least 2 energy cards on Pignite before putting it into play so you can start attacking right away.  I would always try and have three energy cards on Pignite so it could use Flamethrower every turn, but if you don't have three energy cards on Pignite or you can knock out the defending Pokemon by doing only 20 damage, I would suggest using Rollout over Flamethrower.  But like I said, I would not use this card if I didn't have to, but if you want to use Pignite in your deck I highly recommend using Emboar as well and I would use a 4-3-2 or 3-2-1 line of Tepig, Pignite, and Emboar in a fire type deck.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 3 out of 5 rating.  In my opinion, this Pignite card is definitely better than yesterday's card.  It has the same hp, weakness, and retreat cost, but this card has two moves that can do some damage, and this card does the most damage out of the two cards.  So if you think you'll be using Pignite in the active Pokemon spot I would recommend using this card over the other one in your deck.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Pignite from the Black and White set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Simisear from the same set.  Make sure to check below for the Free Pokemon TCG Online Codes!

Free Pokemon TCG Online Code Cards:
49K-7FJF-KDL-93D
LKP-P657-WRW-8E5

No comments: