Thursday, July 19, 2012

Tranquill -- Emerging Powers Pokemon Card Review

Tranquill Emerging Powers Pokemon Card
Pokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Tranquill from the Emerging Powers Pokemon Card Set.  Tranquill is a stage 1, colorless type Pokemon card, with an hp of 70.  It has a x2 weakness to electric type Pokemon, a -20 resistance to fighting type Pokemon, and a one colorless energy card retreat cost.  Tranquill doesn't have an Ability but it does have two moves, the first move is called Claw and for one colorless energy card it does 30 damage unless you flip a tails when using this move then the move does nothing at all.  Tranquill's second move is called Wing Attack and for three colorless energy cards it does 50 damage.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, since this is a stage 1 Pokemon card that has a stage 2 evolution in Unfezant, I would recommend keeping Tranquill on the bench and evolving it into Unfezant before putting it into play, I would do this because Unfezant can do much more damage than Tranquill and it has a higher hp.  There is one Unfezant card in this set, and I've reviewed that card on my blog previously.  If you have to put KlangTranquill into play, I would recommend using Wing Attack every turn because it is the only move on Tranquill that is guaranteed to do damage, the only time I would use Claw would be if I have less than 3 energy cards on Tranquill, otherwise there is no reason at all to use Claw.  If I wanted to use Tranquill in my deck I would make sure to include Unfezant in that deck, I would use a 4-3-2 or 3-2-1 line of Pidove, Tranquill, and Unfezant in any type deck.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 1 out of 5 rating.  In my opinion this is a well below average Pokemon card, even though it can be in any deck because it is a colorless card, it is still that bad of card that I  am giving it a poor rating.  First off, it has a horrible hp, and secondly both of its moves are terrible, the first move has only a 50/50 chance of doing damage, and the second move does below average damage for three energy cards, so again, I recommend if you want to use Tranquill in your deck, keep Tranquill on the bench and evolve it into Unfezant before putting it in the active Pokemon spot.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Tranquill from the Emerging Powers set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Audino from the same set.  Make sure to check below for the Free Pokemon TCG Online Codes!

Free Pokemon TCG Online Code Cards:
7XB-QP56-QRK-NUP
7DD-3W5A-L8R-JCT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i just got this card the other day,
im no happy with it :(
the attacks ar a bit down and theres no good strategy to it :(
but u can still leave it on the bench has u said for Unfezant :D