Saturday, July 28, 2012

Maractus #11/114 -- Black and White Pokemon Card Review

Maractus #11/114 Black and White Pokemon Card
Pokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Maractus from the Black and White Pokemon Card Set.  This is actually the second Maractus card I've reviewed from this set, this card is an uncommon card, I've reviewed the rare Maractus card previously on my blog.  Maractus is a stage 1, grass type Pokemon card, with an hp of 80.  It has a x2 weakness to fire type Pokemon, a -20 resistance to water type Pokemon, and a two colorless energy card retreat cost.  Maractus doesn't have an Ability but it does have two moves, the first move is called Mega Drain and for one grass energy card it does 20 damage and heals 20 damage from itself.  Maractus's second move is called Pin Missile and for three energy cards, two grass and one colorless, it does 20 damage times the number of heads you get when you flip 4 coins.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, since this card requires mostly grass type energy I would include this card in a mostly grass type deck.  I would include 2 Maractus in that deck, one of each version from this set.  This card can do more damage but it isn't a for sure thing, while the rare Maractus card from this set can for sure do 50 damage every turn.  So, I would put this card on my bench at first and get three energy cards on it, then I would put it into the active Pokemon spot and use Pin Missile, like yesterday, I would use this move every turn unless I needed to knock out the defending Pokemon by doing 20 damage or less, then I would use Mega Drain instead of Pin Missile.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 2 out of 5 rating.  In my opinion this is a below average, basic Pokemon card.  Even though it is a basic Pokemon, it isn't particularly fast, at least it doesn't do much damage for one energy card, and with a low hp for a Pokemon that requires three energy cards, by the time you can attach three energy cards to this card it may be too late, plus when you attach those energy cards to Maractus and use Pin Missile you might not be able to do any damage at all.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Maractus from the Black and White set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of the first of two Pignite cards from the same set.  Make sure to check below for the Free Pokemon TCG Online Codes!

Free Pokemon TCG Online Code Cards:
PH5-GEEJ-AFG-5AJ
47C-46UF-HCH-QV4

No comments: