Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Vanillish -- Next Destinies Pokemon Card Review

Vanillish Pokemon Card Next Destinies SetPokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Vanillish from the Next Destinies set. This is a stage 1, water type Pokemon card with an hp of 80. It evolves from Vanillite and into Vanilluxe, I've already reviewed Vanilluxe from this set in a blog post. Vanillish has a x2 weakness to metal type Pokemon, no resistance type, and a two colorless energy card retreat cost. Vanillish doesn't have an Ability but it does have two moves, the first move is called Icy Snow which takes one water energy card and does 20 damage. Vanillish's second move is called Icy Wind and for three energy cards, two colorless and one water, it does 50 damage, plus puts the defending Pokemon to sleep if you get a heads when you flip a coin.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, since this is a stage 1 card, you'll want to eventually evolve Vanillish into Vanilluxe which has quite a bit more hp and better moves, however for the time being, when you get Vanillish into play it really isn't that bad. I would definitely stick with Icy Wind if I had the necessary energy on Vanillish. I would include this card in a deck that has many cards that put Pokemon to sleep, that way my opponent wouldn't be able to switch Vanillish out for another Pokemon if most of my Pokemon put the defending Pokemon to sleep. However with only 80 hp I would only keep Vanillish out there a turn or two before evolving it into Vanilluxe.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 3 out of 5 rating. This card is pretty average overall, I probably wouldn't use this line of Pokemon in my deck, but if I were to I would use a 4-3-2 or 3-3-2 line of Vanillite, Vanillish, and Vanilluxe. One thing I can say for sure about this card is that whenever I really look at it I could sure go for a vanilla ice cream cone.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Vanillish from the Next Destinies set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Frillish from the same set.

No comments: