Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Umbreon -- Dark Explorers Set Pokemon Card Review

Umbreon Dark Explorers Pokemon CardPokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Umbreon from the Dark Explorers set. Usually I don't do reviews of cards that aren't rares but Umbreon is my favorite Eevee evolution and I felt like reviewing a newer card today so I am going to review this uncommon card from the yet to be released Dark Explorers set. Plus this is one of the three cards from the set that have English scans. Umbreon is a dark type, stage 1 Pokemon card with an hp of 100. It has a x2 weakness to fighting type Pokemon, a -20 resistance to psychic type Pokemon, and a two colorless energy card retreat cost. Umbreon doesn't have an Ability but it does have two moves, the first move is called Shadow Drain and for two colorless energy cards it does 30 damage plus heals the amount of damage you do to the defending Pokemon from Umbreon. Umbreon's second move is called Slashing Strike, this move takes three energy cards, two colorless and one darkness and does 80 damage, however Umbreon can't use this move the next turn.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, I would keep this card on my bench until I get at least 2 energy cards on it so I could attack right away once it is put into the active Pokemon spot, once in the active Pokemon spot I would rotate back and forth between Shadow Drain and Slashing Strike, obviously preferring the later move over the former. This card should fit well in most decks because it requires mostly colorless energy cards to attack, so either include a few darkness energy cards in your deck or use a couple colorless energy cards that you can use as darkness type energy. Even though Umbreon has a high hp for a stage 1 with 100, it will seem even higher since Shadow Drain can regain hp on Umbreon every time it is used.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 4 out of 5 rating. In my opinion this is a very good uncommon card, if I had a darkness type deck I would definitely incorporate this card into it. I like that it can do massive amounts of damage and even though it is somewhat slow it can heal damage done to it. Besides being good as an attacker, I like the artwork on this card, and I think I'll like the artwork on many of the Dark Explorers cards.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Umbreon from the Dark Explorers set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of another rare card from the same set or an old school EX card, I haven't decided yet, or if there is anyone reading this that would like a specific card reviewed please comment and I'll try and review that card tomorrow.

1 comment:

victini3000 said...

i would like you to review the base set holo cards !!