Friday, March 23, 2012

Arcanine #13/99 -- Next Destinies Pokemon Card Review

Arcanine Pokemon Card Next DestiniesPokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Arcanine from the Next Destinies set. This is the second review of an Arcanine review from this set, the first Arcanine card I reviewed was a rare card, this card is an uncommon card. So Arcanine is a stage 1, fire type Pokemon, with an hp of 120. It has a x2 weakness to water type Pokemon, no resistance type, and a three colorless energy card retreat cost. Unlike the other Arcanine from this set, this Arcanine doesn't have an Ability, but it does have two moves, the first move is called Crunch and for two energy cards, one each of fire and colorless, it does 30 damage plus if you get a heads when you flip a coin your opponent much discard an energy card attached to their active Pokemon. Arcanine's second move is called Heat Blast and does 70 damage for three energy cards, two colorless and one fire.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, if you were going to use Arcanine in your deck I would run a 3-2 line with three Growlithe and two Arcanine, one of the rare version, and one of the uncommon card, which is the one I'm reviewing today. Since Arcanine doesn't have a move that is very quick I would try to get energy onto Arcanine on the bench and then move Arcanine into the active Pokemon spot when it has at least 2 energy cards on it, once I would get three energy cards on it, I would use Heat Blast every turn until Arcanine is either knocked out or retreated. The only for sure time I would use Crunch is if I knew my opponent didn't have any energy cards and then I would hope to get a heads when using Crunch. Just like Kricketot from yesterday, this is a card that would be good in a dual type deck since most of the energy required on this card is colorless energy.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 3 out of 5 rating. This card is an average card but in my opinion it is actually slightly better than the rare Arcanine from this set. Even though this Arcanine has a little lower hp I like that this card can do 70 damage every turn whereas the other Arcanine can only do 100 damage once and then you're going to have to wait a turn or two to attack again. I also like the artwork on this card better than the rare version. I usually don't review these uncommon cards but so far they have been pretty good from this set so I look forward to reviewing more uncommon Next Destinies cards in the upcoming days.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Arcanine from the Next Destinies set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Lampent from the same set.

No comments: