Sunday, July 31, 2011

Yanmega 4 -- Rising Rivals Pokemon Card Review

Pokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Yanmega 4 from the Rising Rivals set. This is a basic SP, grass type Pokemon card, with an hp of 90. It has a x2 weakness to electric type Pokemon, a -20 resistance to fighting type Pokemon, and a one colorless energy card retreat cost. Yanmega doesn't have a Poke-Power or Poke-Body but it does have two moves, the first move is called Skill Dive which takes one colorless energy card and does 10 damage to one of your opponent's Pokemon. Yanmega's second move is called Whirlwind which takes three energy cards, two colorless and one grass, and does 50 damage. Also when you use this move, your opponent has to switch out their active Pokemon with one of their benched Pokemon.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, this is a great spread damage type card. I would use Skill Dive right away until I had three energy cards on Yanmega to start using Whirlwind, and by the time I would have to use Whirlwind, I would hope most of my opponent's Pokemon would have damage on them, either from Skill Dive or another spread damage type Pokemon card within your own deck. So when I did use Whirlwind, I would either start knocking out Pokemon that had been damaged by Skill Dive or that 50 damage from Whirlwind would be enough so the next turn I could use Skill Dive on that Pokemon and knock it out.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 4 out of 5 rating. I don't really like any of the SP Pokemon, but this is one of my exceptions, since it does have a good hp of 90, you can afford to keep Yanmega in the active Pokemon spot for awhile and use Whirlwind on two or three Pokemon, by the time Yanmega is knocked out, or is retreated you could easily move another Pokemon into the active Pokemon spot that has the ability to do 10 damage to each of your opponent's benched Pokemon and knock two or three of them out in a turn or two.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Yanmega 4 from the Rising Rivals set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Absol G from the Supreme Victors set.

No comments: