Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Drapion 4 -- Rising Rivals Pokemon Card Review

Drapion 4 Pokemon Card Rising Rivals SetPokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Drapion 4 from the Rising Rivals set. This is a basic, darkness type Pokemon with an hp of 100. It has a x2 weakness to fighting type Pokemon, a -20 resistance to psychic type Pokemon, and a three colorless energy card retreat cost. It doesn't have a Poke-Power or Poke-Body but it does have two moves, its first move is called Body Slam and for two colorless energy cards, Drapion 4 does 20 damage and if you get a heads when you flip a coin the defending Pokemon is paralyzed. Drapion 4's second move is called Mega Impact and for four energy cards, three colorless and one psychic, it does 70 damage.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes you'll want to notice that this card only requires psychic energy cards even though it is a dark type Pokemon. If I had Drapion 4 in the active Pokemon spot I would try and use Body Slam first and try to paralyze the defending Pokemon and if this happened then I would put two more energy cards on Drapion 4 so I could use Mega Impact and do 70 damage. If I didn't paralyze the defending Pokemon with Body Slam I wouldn't put any more energy cards on Drapion 4 because I don't feel it is worth it.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 2 out of 5 rating. I like that it can do a lot of damage but you have to wait too long and since it only has 100 hp it could be knocked out before you could get four energy cards on it and with a high retreat cost I would rather not have it in my deck then have to waste three energy cards to retreat it.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's review of Drapion 4 from the Rising Rivals set, stay tuned for tomorrow's review of Espeon 4 from the same set.

No comments: