Saturday, July 23, 2011

Mr. Mime 4 -- Rising Rivals Pokemon Card Review

Mr. Mime 4 Pokemon Card Rising Rivals setPokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Mr. Mime 4 from the Rising Rivals set. This is a basic, SP, psychic type Pokemon card, with an hp of 70. It has a x2 weakness to psychic type Pokemon, no resistance type, and a one colorless energy card retreat cost. Mr. Mime doesn't have a Poke-Body or Poke-Power but it does have two moves, the first move called Magic Heal requires no energy cards at all and allows you to flip three coins, for each heads you get you may remove 10 damage from one of your Pokemon. Mr. Mime's other move is called Barrier Attack and for two energy cards, one each of psychic and colorless, it does 30 damage plus any damage done to Mr. Mime by your opponent is reduced by 10.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, I would probably use this card solely for the purpose of healing my Pokemon. I could put this card into whatever deck I like and keep it on my bench until I needed to heal some of my Pokemon, then I could put it in, use Magic Heal, and retreat it the next turn and only needing one energy card to do it all. If you did decide to attack with this card it is quite average since it can do 30 damage for two energy cards, but I do like that it is quick and at the same time can do a fair amount of damage and reduce damage from your opponent at the same time.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 4 out of 5 rating. I like the fact it heals Pokemon without needing energy cards. And it makes up for the fact it has a low hp by reducing your opponent's damage by 10 when you use its only attacking move. I would use 1 or 2 in a Psychic deck to make sure my Pokemon can be healed without using trainers and to have a decent starter Pokemon in my deck.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Mr. Mime 4 from the Rising Rivals set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Nidoqueen from the same set.

No comments: