Monday, July 25, 2011

Raichu GL -- Rising Rivals Pokemon Card Review

Raichu Pokemon Card Rising Rivals setPokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Raichu GL from the Rising Rivals set. This is a basic SP, electric type Pokemon card, with an hp of 80. It has a x2 weakness to fighting type Pokemon, a -20 resistance to metal type Pokemon, and a free retreat cost. Raichu doesn't have any Poke-Powers or Poke-Bodies but it does have two moves, the first move is called Thunder Throw and for one colorless energy card you can choose two of your opponent's benched Pokemon and do 10 damage each to them. Raichu's other move is called Repeat Lightning and for two energy cards, one each of electric and colorless, it does 30 damage plus 10 more damage for of your opponent's benched Pokemon that has damage counters on it.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, I would recommend using Raichu as a starter Pokemon in your deck. Since it can do 20 damage with one energy card it will be a good thing to use right away in games. If you want to use Repeat Lightning I would suggest using spread damage type Pokemon in your deck so you can make this move do more than 30 damage but either way it won't do much damage. So if I were to use this card in my deck I would just rotate it in and out since it has free retreat costs and do 10 damage to two of my opponent's benched Pokemon and retreat it back out right after that.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 3 out of 5 rating. This card is an average starter Pokemon for a deck. It is quite fast and can do some damage but the farther on you get in a game the worse this card will perform. I would probably stick to Raichu cards that are actually stage 1 cards instead of the ones that are basic cards.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Raichu GL from the Rising Rivals set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Rhyperior 4 from the same set.

1 comment:

patell said...

That was the first rare I pulled out of rising rivals and then the other two packs I had I pulled a Nidoking and Queen and all of the other Nido/-a pokemon it was pretty awesome!