Saturday, July 2, 2011

Froslass GL -- Rising Rivals Pokemon Card Review

Frosslass GL Pokemon Card Rising Rivals SetPokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Froslass GL from the Rising Rivals set. This is a basic, water type Pokemon with an hp of 70. It has a x2 weakness to metal type Pokemon, no resistance type, and a one colorless energy card retreat cost. It doesn't have a Poke-Power or Poke-Body but it does have two moves, the first move is called Sleep Inducer and for one colorless energy card you may switch the defending Pokemon with one of their benched Pokemon and that new Pokemon is asleep. Froslass GL's other move is called Wake-Up Slap and for two energy cards, one each of psychic and colorless, it does 30 damage plus 20 more damage if the defending Pokemon is affected by a special condition.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
As far as strategy goes, the first thing you want to notice about this card is even though it is a water type card its moves are either colorless or psychic type. So you'll need psychic energy for this card not water energy. As far as using the moves, you'll want to use Sleep Inducer first and Wake-Up Slap second, so the second move can do more damage, and since Froslass GL only has 70 hp it is good that the defending Pokemon is asleep so it can't attack.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 3 out of 5 rating, I still don't think it is too great but it is decent for an SP card. I like how it is fairly quick and how it can induce special conditions.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's review of Froslass GL from the Rising Rivals set, stay tuned for tomorrow's review of Lucario GL from the same set.

4 comments:

Austen said...

nice new layout primetime

PrimetimePokemon said...

@Austen thanks!

NickFries said...

I like the new layout! I was wondering if you could do Magmortar from Supreme Victors as your next review. It would be helpful to me because I use them in my deck and was wondering what your strategy was.

PrimetimePokemon said...

@Nick I am trying to do these reviews in order, but I will make sure and do the Magmortar card review when I get to Supreme Victors