Sunday, August 29, 2010

Pokemon Card of the Day: Skarmory (Undaunted)

Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Skarmory from the Undaunted set. This is a basic, metal type Pokemon card with an hp of 80. Just like most of the other rare Heart Gold/Soul Silver, Skarmory has a x2 weakness to fire type Pokemon. However it does have a -20 resistance to psychic type Pokemon and a retreat cost of one colorless energy card. Skarmory doesn't have a Poke-Power or Poke-Body but it does have two moves, the first move is entitled Steel Coat and this move allows you to search your deck for one metal energy card and attach it to one of your Pokemon, this move costs one metal energy card. Skarmory's second move is named Razor Wing and this move does 40 damage for 3 energy cards, 2 colorless and 1 metal. As far as strategy goes I would only use this card to attach energy cards to my other benched Pokemon, and I would only do this if my deck had a lot of other metal type Pokemon. If my deck didn't have a lot of metal type Pokemon I wouldn't even include this card in my deck at all because this card really doesn't do much at all, especially for being a rare card. Because of this I would rate this card a 1 out of 5, the only reason I would give this card a 1 is because it has a somewhat high hp for a basic type Pokemon card, other than that Razor Wing is absolutely terrible for 3 energy cards and there are a lot of Poke-Powers and trainers out there that allow you to move an energy card to one of your Pokemon, so this card is one of the cards I would definitely recommend staying away from. So thanks for reading today's review of Skarmory from the Undaunted set, stay tuned for tomorrow's review of Scizor from Undaunted.

No comments: