Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pokemon Card of the Day: Kyogre & Groudon Legend (Undaunted)

Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Kyogre & Groudon Legend from the not yet released Undaunted set. This is a Legend card so you have to have both halves of this card in your hand before you can play it, also if this card is knocked out your opponent gets to take two prize cards instead of one. This Legend card has an hp of 150, a x2 weakness to both electric and grass Pokemon, no resistance type and a retreat cost of 3 colorless energy cards. This card is of dual types, it is both water and fighting. Kyogre & Groudon Legend doesn't have a Poke-Power or Poke-Body but it does have two moves, one fighting and one water type move. The water type move is called Mega Tidal Wave which requires four energy cards to use, 2 water and 2 colorless. This move does 30x damage to each of your opponent's benched Pokemon for each energy card you reveal when you discard the top five cards of your opponent's deck. This card's fighting move is called Massive Eruption and this move also requires 4 energy cards two each of colorless and fighting. This move does 100x damage for each energy card you reveal when you discard the top five cards of your deck. As far as strategy goes you can either have a two type deck with both fighting and water cards, or a solid type deck with special energy cards or just one type of Pokemon in your deck either fighting or water. I would probably try and put this card in a dual type deck because that way I can switch between the two moves, especially if you try and do only a fighting type deck you'll run out of cards very fast. I would actually try and stack my deck with a lot of energy cards so you could do more damage with Massive Eruption. I would either do that strategy of including way more energy cards than normal so I could for sure 1 hit ko every Pokemon or I would concentrate more of using the water type move and try to make my opponent run out of cards in their deck. If I focused more on the water move I would definitely try and include another card in my deck that does some spread damage. I would also rate this card a five out of five. I can see this card having endless possibilites since it is two types and both moves are very powerful. After reviewing this card I cannot wait to open my booster box of Undaunted as soon as it comes out because this set is going to be amazing. So thanks for reading today's review of Kyogre & Groudon Legend from the Undaunted set, stay tuned for tomorrow's review of another Prime card from the Undaunted set, any suggestions?

1 comment:

Ziphose said...

I really like the water splash going over Kyogre!