Saturday, July 24, 2010

Pokemon Card of the Day: Persian (Heart Gold/Soul Silver)

Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Persian from the Heart Gold/Soul Silver set. This is a stage 1, normal type Pokemon card with an hp of 80. Persian has a x2 weakness to fighting type Pokemon and no resistance. Its retreat cost is one colorless energy card. Persian doesn't have a Poke-Body or Poke-Power but it does have two moves, the first move is called Sharpen Claws and for one colorless energy card you get to flip 3 coins for each heads discard a card from opponent's hand without looking. Persian's second move is called Sneaky Attack and this move requires 2 colorless energy cards and it does 30 damage unless you have any Darkness energy cards attached to Persian then this move does 60 damage. As far as strategy goes with this card you would almost have to use this card in a darkness energy deck because otherwise 30 hp damage isn't anything special, so I would use Sneaky Attack with darkness energy and I would only use Sharpen Claws when I had only one energy card on Persian because you may end up not even being able to discard any of your opponent's cards if you get all tails. I would rate this card a 2 out of 5, the reason I rate this card so low is because it has a low hp of only 80 and to add to that it has a x2 weakness to fighting type Pokemon so it won't last at all besides having no resistance type. Also Sharpen Claws won't do much since you have to flip 3 coins and unless you have a darkness deck Sneaky Attack isn't thing special so I would stay away from this card if I were you. So thanks for reading today's review of Persian from Heart Gold/Soul Silver stay tuned for another review from that set.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually. Primetime, i'm using this Persian currently in my grass. He is one of my *try to get first* cards. So what I do is bring meowth to my bench and attach a basic grass energy on it and wait for Persian and a rainbow energy. It's a nice card when you know how to use it.