Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Pokemon Card of the Day: Floatzel (Unleashed)

Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Floatzel from the Unleashed set. This is a stage 1, water type Pokemon card with an hp of 80. It has a x2 weakness to electric type Pokemon which is terrible since Luxray is so popular. Also Floatzel doesn't have a resistance type, but it also doesn't have a retreat cost so it can go in and out of play as often as you like. Floatzel's Poke-Power called Water Acceleration is pretty good, it says that once during your turn you may attach a water energy card to Floatzel, so if you have more than one energy card in your hand you can either attach two Pokemon cards a turn to Floatzel or one energy card to Floatzel and one to another Pokemon. Too bad Floatzel didn't have better moves, but its one move is called Waterfall and this move does 60 hp for 3 energy cards, 2 water and 1 colorless. So you should be able to use this move within 2 turns using Floatzel's Poke-Power. So if I were to use this card I would probably have this sitting on my bench and use its Poke-Power so that I could attach 1 energy card to Floatzel every turn and 1 energy card to my active Pokemon. Floatzel's move however is pretty average so I could probably find some better cards to use but nevertheless if you're looking for a card that you can set up while you focus on setting up another Pokemon in parallel this is your card. So thanks for reading today's review of Floatzel from Unleashed, stay tuned for tomorrow's review of another card from one of the HGSS sets and I was looking at the comments from yesterday's review and I was thinking about rating the cards from now on, what kind of scale do you think I should use?

3 comments:

mcdoo said...

how about 1 through 5... 1 worst... 3 average and five best

PrimetimePokemon said...

@mcdoo that is the way I was thinking about doing it. Should I have different categories too?

Unknown said...

no thats good