Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Pokemon Card of the Day: Octillery (Unleashed)

Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Octillery from the Unleashed set. This is a stage 1, water type Pokemon card with an hp of 80. Octillery has a weakness of x2 to electric type Pokemon so you can basically say goodbye if you are facing the ever popular Luxray GL Lv. X since Octillery has such a low hp. Octillery doesn't have a resistance type and has a somewhat high retreat cost of two colorless energy cards. Octillery doesn't have a Poke-Power or Poke-Body but it does have two moves. The first is called Switch Cannon which takes one water energy card to do and does 30 damage to any one of your opponent's Pokemon you want, when you use this move you have to switch Octillery with one of your benched Pokemon, so the good thing about this move is that you don't have to waste energy cards to retreat Octillery since you can switch it with any Pokemon card you want on your bench when you use Switch Cannon. Octillery's second move is called Ink Bomb and this move requires 3 energy cards, 2 colorless and 1 water, this move only does 50 hp damage but besides doing the damage if the defending Pokemon tries to attack the next turn, they have to flip a coin and if they get tails their attack does nothing. So as far as strategy goes, I wouldn't use this card in my deck because it is pretty weak, but if I did use it I would use Ink Bomb as many times as I could and I guess if I got in trouble I would use Switch Cannon and do damage and then retreat Octillery for free, but like I was saying both of Octillery's moves are pretty weak and with a x2 weakness to electric type Pokemon this card won't last very long in play. So thanks for reading my review of Octillery from the Unleashed set. Stay tuned for tomorrow's review of another Unleashed card.

2 comments:

BNKD said...

Hi, good review could you review these cards: Rhyperior Supreme Victors Jumpluff HG/SS Heatran LV.X Stormfront. Good Luck with Pulls !

PrimetimePokemon said...

@PokemonWorldBranix yes I can do all of those