Sunday, June 27, 2010

Pokemon Card of the Day: Torterra (Stormfront)

Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Torterra from the Stormfront set. This is a stage 2 fighting type Pokemon card with an hp of 140 which is really quite good. It has a weakness of +30 to water type Pokemon and a resistance of -20 to electric type Pokemon. It does however have a really high retreat cost of 4 colorless energy cards, so if you use this card and have to retreat it it will be really hard to get enough energy cards attached to it again to do Land Shake, Torterra's best move. Torterra has a Poke-Power called Sunshine Song, this Poke-Power lets you choose as many grass type Pokemon you have in play and search your deck for the card that evolves from each of them and evolve them, you can only use this move when you evolve a card into this Torterra. Torterra has two moves, the first is called Crash Impact and this move takes two colorless energy cards and it does 60 damage and 20 more damage to Torterra. Also when you use this move your opponent must switch its active Pokemon with one of its benched Pokemon if it has one, so I would utilize this move by having a card in your deck that does damage to benched Pokemon that way you could add up 60 damage to a lot of the defending Pokemon and then switch out Torterra and use that Pokemon to knock out a lot of benched Pokemon at once. Torterra's other move is called Land Shake and this move takes 4 energy cards, 2 grass and 2 colorless and it does 80 damage, besides doing the 80 damage if your opponent puts any basic Pokemon into play their next turn each basic Pokemon they put into play gets 20 damage done to them as well. So overall Torterra is a powerful card and can be used to evolve many Pokemon at once with Sunshine Song, as I was saying earlier I would probably actually use Crash Impact as much as possible so that my opponent would have to switch out their Pokemon all the time and then I would eventually knock Torterra out and put in a Pokemon card that does damage to benched Pokemon so I could knock out multiple cards at once since all my opponent's benched Pokemon should have 60 damage on them if I use Land Shake all the time. So thanks for reading my review of Torterra from Stormfront and stay tuned for tomorrow's review of Dusknoir Lv. X from Stormfront.

6 comments:

Anders.B said...

Dear Primetimepokemon i love your wids on youtube keep making them i have over 2000 pokemon cards! i playing pokemon games like hg,ss,platinum,diamond,pearl and next pokemon game i gonna play are: pokemon black and white ;)

Anders.B said...

I'm just 9 And i'am from norway but i can speak and understand english Ok i like teh Tortera card today in pokemon diamond i picked turtwig as my starter :D

BNKD said...

This card is awesome as well as reviews. Aren´t you planning any articles about games?

PrimetimePokemon said...

@Anders Thanks a lot and thanks for reading my reviews and watching my videos, and good luck on your collection.

@PokemonWorldBranix I am not going to do much with the games because I actually haven't played them much for about 3 years, I just don't have that kind of time anymore even though I enjoyed those games immensely.

Anders.B said...

@PrimetimePokemon Thanks i gonna trade some off my dragon frotiers cards And my charizard star is Not for trade but...

Anders.B said...

I have more god cards like shining celebi or...