Sunday, June 13, 2010

Pokemon Card of the Day: Snorlax Lv. X (Rising Rivals)

Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Snorlax Lv. X from the Rising Rivals set. This is a stage 1 Lv. X card and it has 130 hp which is pretty good for a card of this caliber. A x2 weakness to fighting type Pokemon is expected from Lv. X cards, Snorlax Lv. X doesn't have a resistance type and it has an extremely high retreat cost of 4 colorless energy cards. Snorlax's Poke-Power is called Big Appetite and it says that once during your turn before your attack if Snorlax is your active Pokemon you may draw cards until you have 6 cards in your hand, if you do Snorlax is now asleep. So this Power is good to use if you need cards in your hand, but before using this power I would make sure that you have cards in your hand that will remove sleepiness or moves on the Snorlax card you evolved from that utilize Snorlax best when it is asleep. As far as moves go, Snorlax only has 1 move which is called Exercise which takes 4 colorless energy cards to use. This move does 80 hp damage which is just about average for this type of move requiring four energy cards. Besides doing the 80 damage you may also remove as many energy cards as you like from your hand, for each energy card you discard from your hand you may remove a damage counter from Snorlax. Now getting to strategy, I wouldn't use Snorlax Lv. X to be my attacker, I would use its Poke-Power to replenish my hand and if I could find a Snorlax that needs Snorlax to be asleep to perform a special move I would use that card in my deck and then just use that move. But if I did have 4 energy cards on Snorlax I would definitely use Exercise, even though I think I would let Snorlax feint before I would try and use all my energy cards from my hand, I wish that move would have said to discard as many energy cards as you want from Snorlax as you want to take damage counters of off Snorlax because at least that way you could survive another turn and be able to use Snorlax's Poke-Power one more time before you feinted. So thanks for reading my latest card of the day review and stay tuned for tomorrow's review of Blissey Prime.

2 comments:

xxsacredrelicxx said...

This card is meh. Nothing to great about it unless it's sitting on your bench asleep so you could refill your hand. Could you do Raichu from Stormfront?

PrimetimePokemon said...

@Cheetahosu I can do that card in about 2 weeks.