Monday, December 10, 2012

Victini -- Boundaries Crossed Pokemon Card Review

Victini Boundaries Crossed Pokemon Card
Pokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Victini from the Boundaries Crossed Pokemon Card Set.  Vicitni is a basic, fire type Pokemon card, with an hp of 70.  It has a x2 weakness to water type Pokemon, no resistance type, and a one colorless energy card retreat cost.  Victini does not have an Ability but it does have two moves.  The first move it has is called Collect which requires one colorless energy card and allows you to draw one card.  Victini's second move is called Relentless Flame which requires two energy cards, one each of fire and colorless, and does 30 damage times the number of heads you get in a row when you flip a coin.  However as soon as you get a tails, it is done attacking, so the move may end up doing 0 damage.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, since Victini is a basic Pokemon with no evolutions, you only have to use this Pokemon in your deck if you want to use this card.  I would mostly use this card for its Collect move, it is a quick way to get extra cards in your hand.  I would use this card as a starter Pokemon and use Collect a couple of turns to get many cards in my hand, then try my luck once or twice with Relentless Flame, then retreat Victini back to the bench, leaving it there until I need to get cards into my hand again.  I would not use more than 1 Victini card in a deck, and since this card requires mostly colorless type energy cards, this card works well in any deck.  Like I said, I would use only 1 Victini card in a deck, if you choose to use this card, however I personally wouldn't use this card in a deck.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 2 out of 5 rating.  In my opinion, this is a below average basic Pokemon card.  Even though this move does have a high hp, and a low retreat cost, and is fairly quick, I am still giving this card a below average rating.  The reason I'm doing this is because neither of its moves are very good, and neither can for sure do damage every turn.  So if you're looking for a starter Pokemon that can do some damage, you'll have to look elsewhere.  I would not recommend using this card in a deck.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Victini from the Boundaries Crossed set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Tepig from this same set. Make sure to check below for the Free Pokemon TCG Online Codes!

Free Pokemon TCG Online Code Cards:
Today's Quiz for a Pokemon TCG Online Code Card --
Even though you cannot encounter a Shiny version of Victini in Black and White, what are the two primary colors the Shiny version of Victini has?
Please respond by including your YouTube username so I can send you the code on there.

18 comments:

BlingzBoy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BlingzBoy said...

its a darker red than normal.

youtube : SerChuen
Email: serchuen@gmail.com

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Red and white

Youtube: Joop van Schijndel
e-mail: joop.teulings@gmail.com

Unknown said...

red, orange

Miroslav Návrat
navratmirek@gmail.com

blackie said...

Red and gray
Youtube account: jykolinakana

Unknown said...

red and white
you tube: niran mistry

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

White and red - shiny victini is more white than red ;)

youtube: TheGrissem

Unknown said...

yellow and red

pokemen po

Unknown said...

his/her tan/orange becomes white/red.

thebloodmarine55

TecninE said...

The body is white and the fingers, feet and ears are red/orange

So just the body changes to white.

Youtube: xxtecninexx

Camilo Téllez (Valkart) said...

White and like a red/orange color.

Youtube: camilodg9

Unknown said...

Oh in case i'm the winner (4th post from the top)i just found out Joop van Schijndel is just my displayname on the youtube, my username is Chillout1984

PrimetimePokemon said...

Congrats Joop van Schijndel for winning, I will message you your code on YouTube. From now on when you enter, please post your YouTube name so I can easily find your YouTube channel via URL.

blackie said...

that card victini is so gray and not white :(

Unknown said...

My youtube name is Joop van Schijndel, but apparently there are a couple of people with that name there. I will change youtube account now so it shows my username instead of my normal name. Thanks for the code :)

Philipesan said...

Actually, he's a good combo with Victory Star Victini, it can win a game right when it starts!