Friday, June 22, 2012

Rayquaza EX -- Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card Review

Rayquaza EX Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card Pokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Rayquaza EX from the Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card Set.  This set has not been released in the United States but it will be released on August 15, 2012.  This is the first of two consecutive reviews I'll be doing of the new Dragon type EX cards.  Rayquaza EX is a basic, EX, dragon type Pokemon card, with an hp of 170.  It has a x2 weakness to dragon type Pokemon, no resistance type, and a one colorless energy card retreat cost.  Rayquaza EX doesn't have an Ability but it does have two moves, the first move is called Celestial Roar and for one colorless energy card you may discard the top 3 cards of your deck and attach any energy cards from those three cards to Rayquaza EX.  Rayquaza EX's second move is called Dragon Burst and for two energy cards, one each of fire and electric, it does 60 damage times the number of all basic electric or fire energy cards you choose to discard from Rayquaza EX.  Just know, whichever energy type you choose, you must discard all of that type of energy card from Rayquaza EX.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, since you'll need a lot of energy cards with this card, I would recommend to put 25-30 energy cards in a deck with Rayquaza EX.  I would hope to get Rayquaza EX into the active Pokemon spot as soon as the game started and use Celestial Roar to find energy cards from your deck and then use Dragon Burst two turns in a row, the first time using fire energy cards, the second using electric energy cards.  Another way to use this card, besides getting it into the active Pokemon spot right away, is to put Rayquaza EX on your bench and over time add energy cards to it, so by close to the end of the game you have 6 energy cards on it, three each of fire and electric, you can then move Rayquaza EX into the active Pokemon spot, and if you have 2 or less Pokemon to knock out before you win the game, Rayquaza EX should guarantee that you win the game.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 4 out of 5 rating.  I have a feeling this card is going to be very popular...however I'm not going to give it a 5 out of 5 rating because it is somewhat slow and you aren't guaranteed that you'll be able to do some damage every turn.  But if you have some patience this card can be dominant, and with a high hp, and low retreat cost, this card should withstand many of your opponent's attacks.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of  Rayquaza EX from the Dragons Exalted set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Giratina EX from the yet to be released Dragons Exalted set.  Make sure to check below for the Free Pokemon TCG Online Codes!

Free Pokemon TCG Online Code Cards:
YF4-UTFN-D4L-47U
QYE-4K4Q-KTH-EYR

4 comments:

deicario said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

no one celestial roars with this baby unless they have no grey matter in their heads whatsoever (unless you run 1 rayquaza and 59 energy). plus, you never want to max out over 14 energy unless playing a rogue deck that needs it (which this doesn't need)

deicario said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
anonimous said...



My name is Becky Ross , I really want to testify to the good work of Prophet ogidi for what he has don for me . couple of years ago, my husband left home after we had little misunderstanding, he never returned, no phone calls, no letters, no emails and no sign of him anywhere.and at the same time My daughter got sick so ill, things were so tough for me. I had lost hope, 2 years ago, i met a psychic, he said he would help me, i give him a try but all to no nothing happened, i lost hope completely, my daughter's situation got worse each day. Last month, i saw a posting concerning the good works of the Spiritual professional(prophet ogidi), i told the great man my problem and he told me that there is nothing to be worry about for me contacting him all my problem is solved .. He asked me to provide the spiriual materials needed to cast the spells and of cost which i did (Bring Lover back, Healing spell and Career spells). In a matter of weeks, my husband called me and told me he was sorry and that he wants to come back to me and that he would explain everything when he comes back, three days later, i got a call from the new job i apple for with an Real Estate company, right now, my daughter's is finally healed. I want to thanks prophet ogidi,for what he has don for me and my family. you can contact him via email: MIRACLECENTER110@GMAIL.COM. the solution to all problem i know you are going to be the next to share your testimony to people you can call the great man on +2348182260982