Friday, June 8, 2012

Jolteon -- Dark Explorers Pokemon Card Review

Jolteon Dark Explorers Pokemon Card Pokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Jolteon from the Dark Explorers Pokemon Card Set.  This is a stage 1, electric type Pokemon card, with an hp of 90.  It has a x2 weakness to fighting type Pokemon, no resistance type, and a free retreat cost.  Jolteon doesn't have an Ability but it does have two moves, the first move is called Electrigun and takes one colorless energy card.  This move does 20 damage plus 40 more damage if you decide to remove an electric energy card attached to Jolteon and put it in your discard pile.  Jolteon's second move is called Pin Missile and for three energy cards, two colorless and one electric, it does 40 damage times the number of heads you get when you flip 4 coins.  So at best this move can do 160 damage.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, I would recommend using this Jolteon card in a dual type deck, preferably with another Eevee evolution, like a Flareon or Vaporeon.  I would recommend this card for a dual type deck because most of Jolteon's attack costs are colorless energy cards.  I would put Jolteon into the active Pokemon spot as soon as possible, and depending on how many energy cards, I would use Electrigun or Pin Missile respectively.  If the defending Pokemon will be knocked out by 60 damage, I would discard an electric energy card and use Electrigun, if not, I would always use Pin Missile, on average this move should do 80 damage.  Even though Jolteon has 90 hp, I would include this card in a deck with other Pokemon that can retreat for free, so you can move this card and those other free retreat cost cards in and out of play at will, without having to discard any energy cards.  I would use a 3-2 line of Eevee and Jolteon in a deck.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 5 out of 5 rating.  This card is a great stage 1 Pokemon card, I am giving it my highest rating of 5 out of 5.  I like how it has a solid hp, free retreat cost, one average move, and one above average move.  I would put three energy cards on this card, use Pin Missile every time I would put Jolteon into the active Pokemon spot, even with average luck, this card should be able to knock out most Pokemon in two turns or less.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Jolteon from the Dark Explorers set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Eelektrik from the same set.  Make sure to check below for Free Code Cards for the online Pokemon TCG.

Free Pokemon TCG Online Code Cards:
MEW-LDLN-AGY-XBV
RSF-GPYD-SJP-L97

No comments: