Saturday, June 9, 2012

Eelektrik -- Dark Explorers Pokemon Card Review

Eelektrik Dark Explorers Pokemon Card Pokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Eelektrik from the Dark Explorers Pokemon Card Set.  This is a stage 1, electric type Pokemon card, with an hp of 90.  It has a x2 weakness to fighting type Pokemon, no resistance type, and a two colorless energy card retreat cost.  Eelektrik doesn't have an Ability, but it does have two moves, the first move is called Headbutt and for one colorless energy card, it does 20 damage.  Eelektrik's second move is called Shock Bolt and for three energy cards, two electric and one colorless, it does 80 damage, however you must discard all electric energy attached to Eelektrik after using Shock Bolt.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, since this is a stage 1 Pokemon card, that evolves into a stage 2 Pokemon, I would evolve Eelektrik into Eelektross as soon as possible.  I would actually try and keep Eelektrik on the bench until I could evolve it to Eelektross.  But if you have to put Eelektrik into the active Pokemon spot, here's what I would do:  Make sure to get Eelektross into play as soon as possible because I would only use Headbutt so I wouldn't have to discard at least two energy cards when using a move, the only time I would use Shock Bolt would be if I couldn't evolve Eelektrik into Eelektross for some reason in the next few turns or the defending Pokemon would be knocked out by 80 damage.  I would use this card in a dual type deck, and I would use a 4-3-2 or 3-2-1 line of Tynamo, Eelektrik, and Eelektross.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 2 out of 5 rating.  Even though this card can do 80 damage, I am giving it a below average rating because you have to discard a bunch of energy cards when using Shock Bolt, and without that move, this card is very weak.  So like most stage 1 cards, you'll want to keep this card on your bench until you can evolve to the stage 2 Pokemon.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Eelektrik from the Dark Explorers set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Yamask from the same set.  Make sure to check below for Free Code Cards for the online Pokemon TCG.

Free Pokemon TCG Online Code Cards:
WXN-PQJX-B8V-Q8M
YXD-GWVQ-U6U-FUL

No comments: