Thursday, December 22, 2011

Golem ex -- EX Dragon Pokemon Card Review

Golem ex Pokemon Card EX Dragon Set
Pokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Golem ex from the EX Dragon set. This is a stage 2, fighting type Pokemon card, with an hp of 160. It has a x2 weakness to both grass and water type Pokemon, no resistance type, and a 5 colorless energy card retreat cost. Golem doesn't have a Poke-Power or Poke-Body but it does have two moves, the first move is called Magnitude which takes three energy cards, two colorless and one fighting, and does 60 damage plus 10 damage to each benched Pokemon in play. Golem's second move is called Double-edge which takes 5 energy cards, two fighting and three colorless and does 120 damage but does 50 damage to itself.

PrimetimePokemon's Take:
Even though this card can do 120 damage I wouldn't try and use it very much in a deck I would make, just because it takes so long to attack and it takes forever to retreat. I would think about putting it on my bench and occasionally attaching energy cards to it and at the end of the game use Double-edge. Other than that, I don't really like this card, I personally don't like the artwork, which is done by Hikaru Koike. I do have this card in my collection.

Pokemon Card Price:
This card sells on eBay for around $5, on Professor-Oak it sells for $12.02 and on PokeOrder it goes for $29.99. I would say this is an averaged priced ex card from this set, but one I definitely wouldn't buy.

Other ex Pokemon Cards in this set:
The other ex cards from this set are: Ampharos, Dragonite, Kingdra, Latias, Latios, Magcargo, Muk, and Rayquaza.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Golem ex from the EX Dragon set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Kingdra ex from the EX Dragon set.

1 comment:

The Duelist said...

enter me in your code card contest. i followed your blog and liked and favorated your video.