Monday, December 5, 2011

Chansey ex -- EX Ruby and Sapphire Pokemon Card Review

Chansey ex EX Ruby and Sapphire Pokemon CardPokemon Card Overview:
Since I've reviewed all the rare Pokemon cards from the newest sets I'm going to be taking a break from my normal Pokemon card reviews to review all the EX Pokemon cards made since the next expansion set will introduce or reintroduce the EX Pokemon cards to the TCG. Since none of the older EX Pokemon are playable in the current format I'll be talking about a few different things on each card, first I will give an overview of the card like I normally do, then I will say what I like about this card if I like it at all, and then I will report how much this card actually is worth, I will indicate what other EX Pokemon cards are in this set then I'll indicate the card I am going to review the next day. So I hope you like these new types of reviews (I'll be going back to my old style when a new set is released). I would really appreciate it if you would comment on this review to say you actually read it and then give your thoughts on the review.

So, today's Pokemon Card Review is of Chansey ex from the EX Ruby and Sapphire Pokemon Card set. This is a basic, colorless type Pokemon card with an hp of 120. It has a x2 weakness to fighting type Pokemon, no resistance type, and a three colorless energy card retreat cost. Chansey ex doesn't have a Poke-Power or Poke-Body but it does have two moves, the first move is called Healing Egg which takes two colorless energy cards and lets you remove 2 damage counters from each of your Pokemon, however you can't remove any damage counters from Chansey. Chansey's other move is called Double-edge which does 80 damage for three colorless energy cards, however Chansey does 60 damage to itself.

PrimetimePokemon's Take:
So in this section of the review I will indicate if I like this card or not, if I have this card in my collection, what I think of its moves, and what I think about the artwork. I know these older ex cards aren't too great but compared to today's cards Double-edge is a pretty bad move considering if you use it twice it will knock Chansey out. The artwork on this card isn't anything too special, it was illustrated by Ryo Uedo, the Chansey is set against a plain background that doesn't do anything to increase the appeal of this card. I do have this ex card, but it isn't one of my favorites, I think I pulled this card out of the Ruby and Sapphire and box I opened on YouTube.

Pokemon Card Price:
In this section I will indicate the prices this card is selling for, the best place to find a price is to search completed listings on eBay. This card sells on eBay for around $5, on Professor-Oak it sells for $6.12 and on PokeOrder it goes for $11.25.

Other ex Pokemon Cards in this set:
The other ex cards from this set are: Electabuzz, Hitmonchan, Lapras, Magmar, Mewtwo, Scyther, and Sneasel.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Chansey ex from the EX Ruby and Sapphire set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Electabuzz ex from the same set.

No comments: