Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Pokemon Card of the Day: Weezing (Heart Gold/Soul Silver)

Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Weezing from the Heart Gold/Soul Silver set, this is a stage 1, psychic type Pokemon card, with an hp of 90. It has a x2 weakness to psychic Pokemon, no resistance type, and a two colorless energy card retreat cost. It doesn't have a Poke-Body or Poke-Power but it does have two moves, the first move is called Super Poison Breath which poisons the defending Pokemon for one psychic energy card. Weezing's second move is called Super Explosion which is basically a self-destruct move since it does 90 damage for two psychic energy cards but it also does 90 hp damage to itself. As far as strategy goes I would suggest only using this card for the poisoning move, I have never seen the point in self-destruct cards especially this one since it only has an hp of 90 which won't even come close to knocking out any stage 2 Pokemon out there. I would rate this card a 1 out of 5, it is just bad overall, for starters requiring 1 energy card just to poison the defending Pokemon seems excessive for me, I could see if it had that move and a free retreat cost then I wouldn't be complaining about the move, but with a retreat cost of two energy cards, it seems like a huge waste to use this card at all, plus it can't really attack at all unless you want to knock the card out and why if even use this card if you just do that. The only time I would use Super Explosion would be if I had only one prize card left and all I needed to do would be to knock out that Pokemon to win the game. So thanks for reading today's review of Weezing from the Heart Gold/Soul Silver set, stay tuned for tomorrow's review of Beedrill from the Unleashed set.

No comments: