Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Pokemon Card of the Day: Ledian (Heart Gold/Soul Silver)

Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Ledian from the Heart Gold/Soul Silver set, this is a stage 1, grass type Pokemon card with an hp of 80. It has a x2 weakness to fire type Pokemon, a -20 resistance to fighting type Pokemon, and no retreat cost. Ledian doesn't have a Poke-Power or Poke-Body but it does have two moves, the first move is called Quick Draw and for one grass energy card this move does 10 damage and allows you to draw three cards. Ledian's second move is called Swift and this move does 40 damage for 2 colorless energy cards. So as far as strategy goes I would only use this card if I needed some cards in my hand, I can do this because this card has a free retreat cost so I could just put one grass energy card on this card and keep it on my bench until I need some cards, then switch this card in use Quick Draw and retreat for free the next turn and even if for some reason I can't retreat the next turn Swift is a pretty decent move doing 40 damage and since it can't be effected in any way it is more effective. I would rate this card a 3 out of 5 because it has both some positives and some negatives, it has a low hp for a stage 1, and it is a stage 1 Pokemon card so there are better and quicker ways to be able to draw cards but with a free retreat cost it makes this card more attractive to use. So if you need another grass Pokemon in your deck I would consider putting this card in, it definitely isn't bad but it isn't anything spectacular either. So thanks for reading today's review of Ledian from the Heart Gold/Soul Silver set, stay tuned for tomorrow's review of Pichu from the same set.

1 comment:

Scarecrow said...

I love Ledian as a Pokemon! Great artwork on this card too. Nice analysis, Primetime.