Thursday, December 23, 2010

Pokemon Card of the Day: Pichu (Heart Gold/Soul Silver)

Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Pichu from the Heart Gold/Soul Silver set, this is a basic, electric type Pokemon card with an hp of only 30. Because it is a baby Pokemon it has no weakness, resistance, or retreat cost. It's Poke-Body is called Sweet Sleeping Face which says that as long as Pichu is asleep all damage done to it are prevented. Pichu's only move is called Playground and this move requires no energy cards and it lets each player search their deck for as many basic Pokemon as they like and put them onto their bench. So I would use this card if I had a deck with a lot of powerful basic Pokemon in it, so it would be to my advantage if I got as many of these Pokemon out of my deck as soon as possible that way I would more than likely draw energy cards when I draw out of my deck. Another time to use this card would be in a deck when you have a lot of stage 2 Pokemon so you don't have too many basic Pokemon in the deck, since you'll have to have the basic Pokemon to start to evolve this card will help you get along with your strategy pretty quickly. I would rate this card a 2 out of 5 because even though I think that Playground is a good move I have to think that it could backfire on you if your opponent gets to do the same thing as you when you do this move, that is why I rated it a 2 instead of a 3. So thanks for reading today's review of Pichu from the Heart Gold/Soul Silver set, stay tuned for tomorrow's review of Sandslash from the same set.

1 comment:

Nintendan said...

Pichu is a basic 30HP electric type Pokémon. It has no weakness, resistance or retreat cost. Which is ok, but the only thing that helps is the retreat since Pichu will get KOed in 1 hit most of the time.
It has that annoying Body that prevents damage done to it when asleep and has an attack for no energy.
Playground is similar to one of the older cards Challenge! which allows both players to fill up the bench.
To be honest, I don't really think this card will help, Although it can set your bench up, it's just a free prize and I'd rather use Call Energy and/or Pokémon Collector to get my Bench set up. Pichu is just a waste of a space in your deck that hurts your consistency most of the time.
I give this card a 2/5 only because of the retreat cost and Playground's setting up ability.