Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Reshiram -- Next Destinies Set Pokemon Card Review

Reshiram Next Destinies Pokemon CardPokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Reshiram from the Next Destinies set. This is the first of two Reshiram card reviews from this set, tomorrow I'll be reviewing the EX version. This is a basic, fire type Pokemon card, with an hp of 130. It has a x2 weakness to water type Pokemon, no resistance type, and a two colorless energy card retreat cost. Reshiram doesn't have an Ability, but it does have two moves, the first move is called Outrage which does 20 damage plus 10 more damage for each damage counter on Reshiram for two colorless energy cards. Reshiram's second move is called Blue Flare which does 120 damage for three energy cards, two fire and one colorless, however after using this move you must discard two fire energy cards from Reshiram.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, you'll want to figure out a quick way to get energy cards attached to Reshiram so you can use Blue Flare at least every other turn. So whenever possibly, I would use Blue Flare but if Reshiram is close to dying, I wouldn't retreat it, I would use Outrage a couple of turns in a row and hopefully knock out a couple of Pokemon on my wait out with Outrage. I'll have to see how this card compares to the EX card tomorrow, but I think this Reshiram card is pretty powerful.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 4 out of 5 rating. Any card that can do over 100 damage in a single turn is a great card. Not only can Blue Flare do 100+ damage but Outrage can do 100+ damage as well. The only disappointing this about this card is that you have to discard 2 energy cards when using Blue Flare but I guess that is only fair since the move does so much damage.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Reshiram from the Next Destinies set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Reshiram EX from the same set.

1 comment:

DAS said...

Nice review on the card. I'm a collector only, don't play the game anymore. I just had two questions for you, if you have the time to answer them. 1. Did, or do you ever get any Japanese cards? (Sorry if you've answered this before just discovered your blog). 2. Saw you mention something about Minnesota sports....are you a Twins fan like me? Nice blog and I look forward to more entries!