Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pokemon Card of the Day: Venusaur (Supreme Victors)

Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Venusaur from the Supreme Victors set. This is a stage 2, grass type Pokemon card with an hp of 140. It has a +40 weakness to fire type Pokemon, no resistance type and a 4 colorless energy card retreat cost. Its Poke-Body called Green Aroma says that none of your grass Pokemon can be affected by any special conditions so if they were before you can remove them once Venusaur is in play. Venusaur has two moves, both I think are based on Venusaur about to do, the first move is called Desperate Pollen and this move does 30 damage for 1 grass energy card, but if Venusaur has at least 8 damage counters on it the defending Pokemon is now burned, confused, and poisoned. Venusaur's second move is called Special Reaction and this move requires 4 energy cards, two each of colorless and grass and this move does 40 damage plus 40 more damage if the defending Pokemon is being affected by a special condition. So as far as strategy goes I would try and get Venusaur on my bench as soon as possible so that I can utilize its Poke-Body especially if my opponent uses special conditions for their advantage. I would definitely use Desperate Pollen once on every Pokemon I go against when I have at least 80 damage on Venusaur so I can do 80 damage to them the next turn. I would rank this card a 4 out of 5 because it seems to me that this card isn't as powerful until Venusaur gets some damage on it, and Venusaur has a very high weakness and retreat cost, but overall it is very good and I would suggest using it in a grass type deck. So thanks for reading today's review of Venusaur from Supreme Victors stay tuned for tomorrow's review of an Arceus card.

4 comments:

Dani said...

Cool!! Do you have this card or did you just found it on the web? <3

YaBoiCDawg said...

this card goes great with an alakazam, chansey, and scoop up from the base set. you can rake the damage onto venusaur, move it onto chansey, and as soon as chanseys about to get knocked out, use scoop up, and replay it.

PrimetimePokemon said...

@Dani yes I have this card
@chickenchomper thanks for the strategy

AceMaster91 said...

This card is awesome!! It can take more than 80 damage because it says it takes 40 damage + 40 damage for each special condition!!! =) So if you use desperate pollen first you can take a massive 160 damage xd