Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pokemon Card of the Day: Swampert (Great Encounters)

Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Swampert from the Great Encounters set, this card is a stage 2, water type Pokemon card with an hp of 130. It has a +30 weakness to grass type Pokemon, no resistance type, and a 2 colorless energy card retreat cost. Swampert's Poke-Power is called Wash Out and this power lets you as often as you like during your turn move any water or fighting energy from your benched Pokemon to your active Pokemon. Swampert's only move is entitled Hammer Arm and this move requires four energy cards, two each of water and colorless and does 80 damage, besides doing the damage you also get to discard the top card of your opponent's deck. So as far as strategy goes I would definitely try and get Swampert onto your bench as soon as possible so you can utilize Wash Out, that way if you get a powerful Pokemon on your bench later and already have energy cards attached to other Pokemon you can move that powerful Pokemon into your active Pokemon spot right away without having to wait let's say four turns to get enough energy on it to attack you can just take four energy cards from your benched Pokemon and start attacking right away. I would actually hope that when using this card in my deck that it would come up a little bit later in play so I could use the strategy I just talked about above with this Swampert card, that way I could use Hammer Arm right away which if I do it two turns in a row to the same Pokemon it should knock it out, plus discarding my opponent's cards towards the end of the game could make them run out of cards and I can win the game that way. I would give this card a 5 out of 5 rating because it has a solid hp with 130, a reasonable retreat cost, a very powerful move that does not only damage but affects my opponent's deck, and a Poke-Power that can affect my whole team. So thanks for reading today's review of Swampert from Great Encounters stay tuned for tomorrow's review of another Great Encounters card.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like swampert. It is one of my favorite pokemon. It is AWESOME