Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Gloom -- Burning Shadows Pokemon Card Review

Gloom Burning Shadows Pokemon Card
Pokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Gloom from the Burning Shadows Pokemon Card set.  Gloom is a Stage 1, Grass type Pokemon card, with a HP of 80.  It has a x2 weakness to Fire type Pokemon, no resistance type, and a two Colorless Energy card retreat cost.  Gloom does not have an Ability but it does have two moves.  The first move on this card is called Stinky Scent, for one Grass Energy card, this move Confuses the defending Pokemon.  Razor Leaf is the second move on this card, for two Energy cards, one each of Grass and Colorless, this move does 30 damage.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, since Gloom is a Stage 1 Pokemon card, you'll first have to get Oddish into play (I reviewed Oddish from this set yesterday) and then evolve Oddish into Gloom.  Oddish does have a Stage 2 evolution in Vileplume, which I'll be reviewing tomorrow, that you'll probably want to use with this Pokemon line but since I haven't reviewed that card yet, the strategy below will act like Gloom is the final evolution in this line.  So if you read my review of Oddish, you'll know that I thought it was a below average Basic Pokemon card overall.  The main negative on that card was its below average HP of only 50, besides that it was limited in what it could do, only having one move that Poisoned the defending Pokemon.  So knowing this about Oddish and taking a look at this Gloom card, because this card also has a low HP, like Oddish, I would pass on using these two cards together without using Vileplume.  Of course, with Confusion, even if the defending Pokemon is unable to do damage to Gloom, it still only does 30 damage to itself, the same amount of damage Razor Leaf does.  Sure, 30 damage is a fair amount of damage to do a turn or two into the game, but it won't cut it later in games.  Best case with the line so far is to evolve these Pokemon on the Bench to get to Vileplume.

Pokemon Card Rating:  
I would give this card a 2 out of 5 rating.  In my opinion this is a below average Stage 1 Pokemon card from the Burning Shadows set.  Similarly to Oddish, this card has a low HP, and neither of the moves on this card does more than 30 damage.  So while this card can attack quickly and inflict a Special Condition, together with Oddish from this set, which I also gave a 2 out of 5 rating, I would give these two cards combined a 1 out of 5 rating.  Just a note on Gloom, I have lots of memories with Gloom from the Jungle set, I actually traded away the very first Charizard holo from Base Set that I had in my collection for an Alakazam holo from Base Set and a Gloom and Seaking from Jungle, quantity was more important than quality to me when I was younger!

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Gloom from the Burning Shadows set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Oddish's Stage 2 evolution in Vileplume, which is from this same set.  Make sure to check below for the Free Pokemon TCG Online Codes!

Free Pokemon TCG Online Code Cards:
Today's Quiz for a Pokemon TCG Online Code Card --
At what level does Gloom evolve into Vileplume?
Please respond with the correct answer and a link to your YouTube channel. 24 hours from now I will be randomly selecting a correct response to my question and sending a private message to this person with a free code on YouTube.

3 comments:

MicroFireZX said...

It evolves using a leaf stone

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC94Vuc0mcxyMbcHieU7-08g

Giakitus said...

It doesn't evolve at a specific level, you have to use a leaf stone :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/lostskull7467

Unknown said...

It can evolve using leaf stone
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRqE91ybCrWhTFw2ITxVmIw
also if i win could u send me the code card instead of giving me the code