Saturday, May 12, 2012

Cofagrigus -- Dark Explorers Pokemon Card Review

Cofagrigus Dark Explorers Pokemon Card
Pokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Cofagrigus from the Dark Explorers Pokemon Card Set.  This is a stage 1, psychic type Pokemon card, with an hp of 100.  It has a x2 weakness to darkness type Pokemon, no resistance type, and a two colorless energy card retreat cost.  Cofagrigus doesn't have an Ability, but it does have two moves, the first move is called Chuck and for two colorless energy cards it does 40 damage times the number of Pokemon tool cards you choose to discard from your hand.  Cofagrigus's second move is called Lock Up and for two psychic energy cards it does 40 damage plus it prevents the defending Pokemon from retreating that next turn.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, if you want to be able to do some damage with Cofagrigus to the defending Pokemon, you'll have to stack your deck with Pokemon tool cards, if you do, I would wait until you get at least 2 or 3 in your hand before you use Cofagrigus's Chuck move, I would plan it out so that move would for sure knock out the defending Pokemon, the next turn I would discard the two energy cards attached to Cofagrigus and retreat.  Unless I had to, I would only use Cofagrigus in the above mentioned way, Lock Up isn't anything great so I wouldn't base my deck around this card, if I were to use this card I would only include 1 each of Cofagrigus and Yamask in a deck.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 2 out of 5 rating.  To me, this is a below average rare card from the Dark Explorers set, this card really can't do anything at all if you don't have any Pokemon tool cards in your hand and even if you do, you can really only do a fair amount of damage one turn then the most you can do is 40 damage after that which isn't much for a stage 1 Pokemon card, so that is why I'm giving this card a below average rating.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Cofagrigus from the Dark Explorers set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Aerodactyl from the same set.

No comments: